Welcome to my
Perfectly Imperfect Life..........

.

.

Monday, April 10, 2017

Spring in the Garden

Welcome Spring!

Welcome!


Front sitting area



Partial Front Gardens




Partial Back Gardens

Mom's Purple Iris

Queens Tears

Lady Banks Rose climbs ladder 

over into Cherry Tree

then dangles down through :)

Cecile Brunner Rose climbing
 gazebo entrance and gazebo




Oxalis engulfs bench
Fav sight each Spring

Then bursts into bloom!

Garden buddies

Friday, April 7, 2017

Easy Quick Easter Eggs Garlands



Need some last minute Easter Decor that's quick, 
easy and won't break the bank?
When I came across these plastic pastel eggs at 
Walmart for $1.98 a bag -
48 regular size or 24 large size - 
I knew they were just what I needed.
Pastel colors for my front entrance, 
this could be something fun.


You'll need the plastic eggs, some string 
and ribbon (optional)


These eggs already had holes in each end 
which made them easy to string together.
I didn't even need a needle!


I wanted some ribbon dangling off each end.
 I searched and found pastel green, aqua, and lavender.
I cut 4 lengths of each color about 10'' long.
I opened what would be the 1st egg of the garland,
strung the string through the hole and tied it to the ribbons that 
were strung through the opposite half of the egg's hole
 then closed it and continued threading on the rest of the eggs. 


I made 2 garlands, one with the regular size eggs 
and one with the larger eggs.
Both had the ribbon ends, which is your preference 
whether or not you'd like them or not.
Then hang wherever you'd like a little more Easter fun.


I hung the regular size egg garland above my front door, 
adding green curling ribbon in the center I found in my stash.
It goes well with my Spring Bouquet, 
wheel barrow of pastel eggs,


simple door wreath,


as well as some of my other 
Easter decorations.


The large size egg garland went above the entrance of the arbor.
Again adding curling ribbon I found in my stash in the center,
 this time purple.

There ya have it, quick, easy peasy and inexpensive!
What could be better?
Easy enough the kiddos could make them ~ 
keeping them busy!! :)



Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Creative Haven Mehndi Designs Coloring Pages









You can click on image to enlarge

Courtesy Dover Publications

Saturday, March 25, 2017

Jacob the Bear Knitted Toy Pattern


source

Remember you can click on image to enlarge :)

Friday, March 24, 2017

Bathroom Cabinet Makeover

  
This is a continuation of my Bathroom Makeover.

These cabinets are original to my house. 
They are the shoddiest things I've ever seen.
 I'm not sure what kind of "wood" they are made out of...
possibly particle board or something along that line. 

On most of the door's edges they have "puffed up". 
Kind of like a swelling. There is a faux wood "paper type" 
covering that I originally thought was a Contact Paper. 
But isn't. Anyway, they look awful.

 

I took one of the doors to Sherwin Williams to see if there 
was a paint that would stick to the slick covering. 
The guy behind the counter, said the slickness wouldn't be the problem, 
but the "raised" flaky edges were. 
And suggested I buy new cabinets. 
Well, if new cabinets were in the budget 
I would have already done that!

 I left mumbling...thanks for the help, 
maybe I'll just decoupage them, 
darn cabinets anyway, blah, blah, blah.

I got in my van and on the way home thought....
hmm, maybe decoupaging isn't that far fetched. 
I thought of pretty papers I could use, 
the possibilities were endless.

Then reality hit, if I didn't like were the paper had been 
placed trying to reposition it would be a nightmare. 
The light bulb lit! yes, it does on occasion.
I'm very familiar decoupaging fabric. 
Repositonable, inexpensive, variety...BINGO!

I stopped at Walmart. F
ound some fabric that reminded me of the Beach.
A sandy brown, slightly nubby..perfect!

Asked for 3 yards (having no idea how much I would actually need)!
Grabbed 3 bottles of Mod Podge Satin (again not knowing how much), 
and headed home.

First, I removed the doors.
I cut the fabric to approximate size, 
applied the Mod Podge with a paint brush to the cabinet frame
 then trimmed to fit with a exacto knife. 
After all the fabric was in place I started my first of
 4 coats of Mod Podge.

In between coats I worked on the doors. 
I scraped off the raised edges/areas with a putty knife, 
so you wouldn't see a bump.
Applied the same technique.

Cut fabric to approx. size (yes, I marked which door was which on the inside. Knowing me I would end up with them on the wrong sides upside down!).

 

Apply the Mod Podge to the front of the door.


Flip door over.


Smooth out any wrinkles and repostition if necessary.



Try to fold corners neatly and glue well.



Trim as needed.


The beginning of my four coat process,
remembering to allow to dry between coats.


My family thought I was crazy. Yeh, like a fox!

Once all coats were applied, I decided I wanted to add knobs 
on the doors.
 They didn't originally have them.

I thought of the glass knobs from my Play House from when I was little.
My oldest Son surprised me with them one day while we were 
working at our parents farm trying to get it ready to rent out.
The Play House, along with other out buildings was on the demolish list.
He had gone in and removed them for me.

I dug them out and it just so happened they were the screw in type, 
got the screwdriver added them and Voila!


They look awesome, even if I have to say so myself! LOL
And with all those coats of Mod Podge they came out sooo smooth.
And yes, the kids say they look 100 times better!

All for about $10.00!

Next is the Kitchen.
Wait and see what I've got planned for 
more of these cabinets in there!
Blog Widget by LinkWithin