Welcome to my
Perfectly Imperfect Life..........

Monday, January 23, 2012

Etsy Cottage Craft Room

There's a new blog party over at Etsy Cottage Style!!


Now don't expect any pretty pictures from me...
I'm currently combining my bedroom into a combination bedroom/craft room.
It's a slow process and 

Frugal

is the key word in my theme.

So you will see some before and after photos...
You may want to cover your eyes...it can be pretty gruesome! LOL

Before

After
I've moved in the Pattern Cabinet.
My Dad got it from JC Penney when he was remodeling their store in Livermore. I have loved it ever since I first saw it, many years ago. 
He kept his welding rods in it!
Crazy man!  But I guess it was a good place to store them to keep them dry.
  The Bakers Rack (after is got a coat of white) 
was also moved inside, from the side yard.

Both provide lots of storage.
The Pattern Chest hides all my ribbons and trims, 
stamps and ink and other needfuls,
while the Bakers Rack has all my buttons and doo dads 
sorted into mason jars that belonged to my Mom and Grandmothers.


Before
At first I only had my dresser for crafting...

 

Not much storage and that little ledge provided to be interesting 
when working on more than one item or a larger than normal one.
Can you say crowded?


I've since moved a 6 ft table in which has become my work space...
Lots of room but it is still crowded...do we ever have enough workspace? LOL
Eventually I would like to exchange places with the dresser and table.
Dispose the top part of the dresser.
and hang shelves on the wall above the table.

After


Yay more drawers for supplies!
Hidden by shutters when not in use.


A hanging 3 tier veggie basket holds adhesives while also 
acting as my inspiration board and drying rack.

You may have noticed these feeders from the previous photos.
I needed something readily accessible for my glue gun, glue sticks and other
easily needed supplies
I dug these out of my Treasure Pile and repurposed them.
This one holds my glue sticks perfectly with room on top to store my gun.


I just dry brushed with a little white paint.


This one got a coat of paint and some decals.
These sure look different from when they were being used to feed our rabbits!


The saying goes
"you have to break a few eggs to make a cake"
Well, I've broken dozens!
What a mess!


One thing I had always wanted to do is hang my parents mirror over my bathroom mirror.
Why? I don't know I'm crazy like that!
This mirror hung in our living room while growing up and I l♥ve it!
I think it looks so much better here than where it was in the very first photo of this post.
Don't you?



I've stacked my parents trunks and old suitcases under this tiny, useless window (it doesn't even open).
They are filled with family photos and other mementos.
Never ever enough storage!

They are here now but may exchange places with the bakers rack.


My current projects include:
recycling eyeglass lenses and watch crystals into pendants
and
making memory boxes out of the stash of tins I have.

I'm also working on a garland/banner:
"Bits and Bobs"
containing all the left over smalls from past projects.


I also just made some switch plate covers for a friend and her granddaughter



Eventually I want to paint the room and change out the bed...
but I've been in limbo for the past year and
it doesn't seem like it will end anytime soon. 
This limits me as to what I can do as far as changing larger things.

So in the mean time I will continue to create and dream.

5 comments:

  1. Oh wow, so amazing! and I love all your "extra" touches of whimsy!!!
    XO
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so right, there's no such thing as too much craft storage! I am in love with your idea of using the 3 tiered wire basket to stash supplies, and use for drying. I never in a million years would have thought of that!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Deb! Trade out the bed for a Daybed and you're complete! Love the transformation ya got goin. I really must admit Jim fixed me more room in our tv room, but...no pics...chaos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW....I can hear and feel those creative wheels churning away!!! There's a lot going on there!!! Love the tiered veggie basket, great idea!! I agree,,,,get a daybed.....and that dresser top seems to hold quite abit of stuff, can it be mounted on the wall??? Lots of inspiration there.....hugs...cleo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Deb..I love your craftroom makeover. Your crafting space is filled with inspiration and the things you love.
    Awesome...and that pattern cabinet is so perfect!
    xo Tami

    ReplyDelete

I'd love for you to leave me a comment. Helps me to know I'm not totally crazy...like my family thinks I am!
*hugs*deb

.

.
Blog Widget by LinkWithin