Welcome to my
Perfectly Imperfect Life..........

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Great Valley Museum

Our friend D came for her annual visit from Wyoming last month.
We always have a blast while she is here. She lifts our spirits and helps us forget any worries we may have.

We try to get out a bit and see the sights.....hey, we do have a few ;)
One of which is Great Valley Museum of Natrual History
which is operated by Modesto Junior College.
My kids have been there but D and I had never been, 
so off we went.

 

Lots of displays such as how feathers were used back in the day....




as well as horns and shells...


even butterfly wings.

 Cool fossils to view




Handmade tools from what was available



 games too!

Then came the exhibits!


 












These guys brought back memories of Alaska....


Darn Raccoon scared the bejezus out of me!




Now for the LIVE exhibits!








They actually have a pretty good variety since they are in such a small building.
But there were a couple of things I really didn't need to see since I see them every day in my house!


Ants and spiders...icky icky pukka pukka!!

Stay turned for more of our visit.....


2 comments:

  1. What a great place, except for the snakes and spiders! Love the taxidermy. Someone did a great job with that. Can't wait to hear more about your adventures with your friend! Glad that you had a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love for you to leave me a comment. Helps me to know I'm not totally crazy...like my family thinks I am!
*hugs*deb

.

.
Blog Widget by LinkWithin