Welcome to my
Perfectly Imperfect Life..........

Sunday, March 29, 2020

Disinfectant Spray or Wipes

The shelves are bare when it comes to anything that disinfects - Your favorite 
Disinfecting wipes are MIA as are your Disinfectant Cleaning Sprays! 
What's a person to do?
We're to stay inside and disinfect.  
Disinfect everything we touch if we need to do a store run for necessities.
With what?

Buckle up it's time to make your own.

Homemade Disinfecting Spray/Wipes


The handy thing about this recipe it that you can either make pre-moistened wipes or a spray. I like to have both on hand. 
Makes it easy, I like things easy ;)

You will need:

1 cup of water
1/4 cup of 99% rubbing alcohol  (I found mine at staples.com)
(If you having trouble finding 99%, be sure it is at least over 70%.
Or substitute Everclear)
1 teaspoon Dawn Dish Soap (only use Dawn)
24 rags and a container for them or a spray bottle for the liquid.

I used old t-shirts, wash cloths, hand towels, dish towels,
bath towels - basically anything that was past it's prime -
for the rags. I cut them into approx. 4''x 6'' squares, 
 but cut whatever size works for you


Mix the ingredients together and pour over the rags 
that you've placed into your container. 
As you pour you'll see about how much liquid you'll need as the rags get wet
 and your container fills.  When your ready to clean, 
use them as you would your disposable Disinfecting Wipes.

The best thing about the homemade wipes is that you can toss them in
the washer and reuse them again and again.


If your going to use this as a spray, pour the liquid into your spray bottle. 
To use spray it on what needs to be disinfected and wipe it off with rags or paper towels.  OR spray it on your rag or paper towel to wipe delicate items.



I made several bottles - one for the kitchen and one for each bathroom.
I marked each spray bottle clearly.


Whichever way you decide to use this disinfectant you'll have the piece of mind that things ARE disinfected


If you enjoyed this post, here are some others you may also

25 comments:

  1. Great idea! Like you, we can't find disinfectant wipes anywhere. I'll be making some of this TODAY! Thanks for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your recipe sounds good but there is no alcohol to be found in our entire town. Even when stores had some there was no 99% on the shelves. I know this because I use 91%+ in one of my arts and the 91% was the highest percentage that was stocked. Where are you getting yours?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found some at Staples.com. Not sure if any is left. You can always substitute Everclear

      Delete
  3. with all that is out there it is a rather wise event to know how to do it the old fashioned way thanks for sharing
    come see us at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's all going back to basics ;)

      Delete
  4. Thanks, very useful in these times

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great and useful recipe! Pinned.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And thank you for pinning ♥

      Delete
  6. If life happens to give lemons, make lemonade...so to speak. Love your idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much for posting this. Living in NYC, we can't find these things, but I have all these items on hand. Off to make my spray!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for posting! Planning to make the spray today--need to look at the % on my rubbing alcohol.
    Pamela ~ DIY Vibes

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks, I made my own kitchen/bathroom spray with 3 oz of bleach, 3 oz of bacterial soap and water( to make 32 oz.) This has been working well for my kitchen/bathroom surfaces, and isn't horrible on your hands, though, I rinse them quickly or use gloves. Virus wise---we use sprays and hand sanitzer. I'm lucky I keep an extra full bottle of everything on the shelf, so I won't run out of anything for awhile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to make some bleach disinfectant also. I usually keep stocked up too, but finances got in the way and i depleted my stock before this hit - uggg - who knew? grrr

      Delete
  10. Who would have thought in the US that people could never find bleach, rubbing alcohol, wipes, and hand sanitizer? Then some places are out of toilet paper! So far here in AL the only thing we can't find is rubbing alcohol and hand sanitizer but we made our own with supplies we had. Thanks so much for linking up with me at my #UnlimitedMonthlyLinkParty 11, open April 1 to 26. All entries shared on social media if share buttons installed. I’d like to invite you to check out my other current link parties too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I thought the world was crazy before! It really makes you think....

      Delete
  11. I have looked at several recipes and shared this one on my fb page. Visiting from the weekend traffic jam link party.
    Dawn aka Spatulas On Parade

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh how sweet of you, thanks for sharing. Stay well, be safe ♥

      Delete
  12. I like adding essential oils to mine, too. Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is a great time for sharing this homemade product. And so easy to make too. #HomeMattersParty

    ReplyDelete

I'd love for you to leave me a comment. Helps me to know I'm not totally crazy...like my family thinks I am!
*hugs*deb

.

.
Blog Widget by LinkWithin