Welcome to my
Perfectly Imperfect Life..........

Saturday, July 9, 2011

Keep Mosquitoes at Bay

This was sent to me by a friend.
I haven't tried it yet,but the little buggers are here!
So I will be picking up some to try.

"I was at a deck party a while back, and the bugs were having a ball biting everyone. A man at the party sprayed the lawn and deck floor with Listerine, and the little demons disappeared. The next year I filled a 4-ounce spray bottle and used it around my seat whenever I saw mosquitoes. And voila! That worked as well.. It worked at a picnic where we sprayed the area around the food table, the children's swing area, and the standing water nearby. During the summer, I don't leave home without it."



Friend's Comments

"I tried this on my deck and around all of my doors.
It works - in fact, it killed them instantly.
I bought my bottle from Target and it cost me $1.89.
It really doesn't take much, and it is a big bottle, too; so it is not as expensive to use as the can of Bug-spray you buy that doesn't last 30 minutes."

Give this a try. It will last a couple of days.
Don't spray directly on a wood door (like your front door),
but spray around the frame.
Spray around the window frames,
and even inside the dog house.

Now these are Good Mosquitoes!!!
It's Earth Friendly too

4 comments:

  1. How awesome of a tip!! It's a will do when I sit out on my porch to read now.

    I just recently learned that the swarms of DRAGONFLIES in my gf back yard at dusk where EATING mosquitoes!! I love that I learned that and then found your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your new blog. It is so pretty! Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the advice. I'm going to try this for sure.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love for you to leave me a comment. Helps me to know I'm not totally crazy...like my family thinks I am!
*hugs*deb

.

.
Blog Widget by LinkWithin