Welcome to my
Perfectly Imperfect Life..........

Monday, January 31, 2011

Bloomin' Tea

With all that's been going on lately I decided my kids
and I needed something new and different.

We decided to try Blooming Tea.
Easy, warm and hopefully comforting.

What the heck is Blooming Tea you ask?
Wikipedia defines it as "a small bundle of dried tea leaves and flowers bound together with cotton thread into a ball. When steeped, the bundle expands and unfurls in a process that emulates a blooming flower. Flowers commonly used in flowering teas include globe amaranth, chrysanthemum, jasmine, lily, hibiscus and osmanthus." 

We heated the water.


Cute little bundles eh?



Once boiling, turned the heat off.


Dropped in the tea bundle and waited.


ooohh....


ahhh...


mmm....


pretty...


tasty too...


And best of all...

it made us smile.

6 comments:

  1. Deb how sweet. I've never heard of this but so glad it made you smile! hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is very cool! I bet it was alot of fun to watch too. It does look pretty steeping away. Some times the best things are the simplest things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It made me smile as well! I've had chrysanthemum tea in China but nothing as visually surprising as what you had with your children. I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never heard of blooming tea. It sounds great and looks good too especially on these cold days we've been having. Thanks for the tip.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know, I have quite a bit of this and have never used it. Actually forgot about it. Thanks for reminding me, Really need to try it. It does look so Pretty ~
    Smiles to You ~

    ReplyDelete

I'd love for you to leave me a comment. Helps me to know I'm not totally crazy...like my family thinks I am!
*hugs*deb

.

.
Blog Widget by LinkWithin