Welcome to my
Perfectly Imperfect Life..........

Sunday, May 2, 2010

Wine Country

Time once again for Mosaic Monday with Mary over at Little Red House


I had to go to Sonoma for business last week.
I was hoping to get lots of photos of this little quiant town.
But Mother Nature was against me.
Rain, hail and strong winds made the 2 1/2 hour drive
not as enjoyable as I had hoped.

But I was able to have lunch with my youngest and
my sister so it was well worth it.

The down pour stopped long enough
for me to snag a few photos though.

Look at this lovely rose and sweet house.
Picket fence and all ☺


Not sure what these are but
wouldn't they look great in the garden??!!


And, what would Sonoma be without all it's vineyards....
check out the sky...


and yes, just a tad windy....


oops, close the door please!



Not sure why I find these stone walls so intriguing
but whenever I see them I am mesmerised.


Can you imagine making something like this?
The time and patience,
not to mention the hauling.


And to see how they have stood the test of time,
to me, is simply amazing.

3 comments:

  1. I am in love with that house! But who wouldn't be? I wonder if those are planter boxes on top of the fence. Hmmmm.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Oh my goodness, incredible mosaic! I hope that you have a lovely new week!
    Hugs...
    Bobbi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm.. I have the picket fence, I just need the roses! They're beautiful.
    I believe the rocks weren't hauled there but rather they were picked off the land and placed there while clearing the fields. Anyways,that's how it was done in my hometown area!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love for you to leave me a comment. Helps me to know I'm not totally crazy...like my family thinks I am!
*hugs*deb

.

.
Blog Widget by LinkWithin