Welcome to my
Perfectly Imperfect Life..........

Monday, May 3, 2010

California's Largest Yard Sale and more

What a great weekend!
Hope you have a successful Treasure Hunt too!

Please join these ladies wonderful parties!

Linda for Nifty Thrifty Tuesdays at Coastal Charm 
Diane for 2nd Time Around at A Picture is Worth 1,000 Words


Suzanne for Vintage Thingie Thursday at Coloradolady

Last Saturday was the annual "California's Largest Yard Sale"
It's put on each year by the local radio staions at Downey High School In Modesto, CA (of American Graffitti fame)

Well over 100 vendors to peruse.
I was really excited becasue even though this is it's 5th year,
it was my first time attending


just about anything you can imagine...


is there.


And yes I found Treasure!!!

Like new cotton rug (background) ($1)
enamelware colander ($1)
vintage Hershey box with vintage puzzle inside (.25)
unknown if the puzzle is complete,
doesn't matter to me..great for altered art
I actually bought it for the box! LOL
2 containers of mini ball ornamnets (.50 ea)
I keep finding these and buying them :p
cheese dome ($2)
vintage bird cage feeder and canle (.25 ea)
and a vintage cast iron ????
OK anyone know what kind fo pan this is??
round cupped sections to cook??
eggs?


3 blue bottles ($1 ea)
to start my bottle tree ☺
small wooden tray (.50)
oval frame (.75)
pink glass creamer ($2)
pink and faux fur pouch/coin purse/clutch (.10)


vintage painted framed cloth ($5)
wall basket (.50)
faux lemons, pears, cherries (.75 all)
2 pins ($1. ea) for my daughter
vintage rhinestone bracelet, no missing stones ($3) 


and the best of all....
a reptile cage!

On the last row I turned just right and
saw a corner of this poking out from under a bunch of stuff. 


Perfect for my daughter's Ball Python.
He has outgrown his current cage.
Wire covered ventilation holes in the back,
attached light with protective cover on the ceiling,
with a nice secure door.
I held my breath as I asked how much it was...
when he said $40.00
I calmly said "I'll take it"
Meanwhile I was jumping up and down inside!
I really expected him to say twice that amount if not more.
Cages like this, even though handmade, bring a pretty penny.

When we got back in town I headed for the Garden Club's yard sale.
It was about noon so thought they would still be going strong.

They were packing up as I parked!
We got out anyway,
they said we could look through the boxes
and everything was half off.
So we did!

Found these 3 decanters ($1.25 ea)
they will head to my eBay store. 


a brown bag full of old patterns (.50) eBay too
a lamp shade (.25)
old jar (.25)
coffee can of silica gel (.25)
7 bunches of millinery flowers (.25 ea) 


and of course a few plants...

a couple of peach Cannas poking up in the brown pot
violets
and some little succulents
(.10 ea)


My oldest son has started a veggie garden so I picked up the only veggies they had left..
a tomato (.50)
and
horseradish (.50)


Wish I could have been in both places at once!

It looked like the Garden Club's sale would have been great too,
maybe next year.

26 comments:

  1. Wow! You got a great haul! What a fun sale that must have been!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGosh...you hit the JACKPOT with all these treasures! I'm lovin the blue bottles..bag of patterns and the fruit! Thanks for coming to NTT and showing off your stuff:)

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! That was a lot of treasure for so little. My kind of bargains!

    Glad you've entered my giveaway. Come visit and check out the other ways you can increase your odds of winning. ;)

    Liz @ the Brambleberry Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  4. You picked up some cool stuff. I really like the blue bottles, I've been looking for some just like that. Hope I get as lucky. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Deb, thanks for the info on how 4 o'clocks reseed themselves to the point of taking over. I appreciate it. Now a word of warning for you ~ plant your horseradish in a contained area, it spreads like a weed. Even tossing the peelings or sraps can take root. Great finds, wish I were there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would say that you hit the jackpot! I can't wait to see what you do with all your treasures. I would love to go to a huge sale like that one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You really had some wonderful finds there. I love your out house from Sunday's post it reminded me of living on the farm before we had running water. Have a wonderful week Your Missouri Friend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So many treasures you found! Lucky you ~ I love going to big flea markets. Soon the season of yard sales will start here too.

    I did indeed e-mail you my address ~ I hope you got it. Thanks again Deb! So sweet!

    Have a lovely week!
    xo Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  9. luck was definitely on your side with those awesome finds. I love a good find.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Heisann!

    I just dropped in to see what happens in your life for the moment. I think you had a good time at "California's Largest Yard Sale"!
    Hugs from Norway

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great finds! The iron skillet looks like for little johnnie cakes or muffins? just a guess.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'd love you to visit me when I have my next garage sale Deb. I probably wouldn't need any more customers. :-)
    Great finds, hope they all come in handy for something.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! What a great day you had.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Goodness, I wish I had been with you...how fun!! And I know what you mean, sometimes I can not decide which place to be at first....I want to go to both!!! Lovely finds, and great prices! Have a great VTT!

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOOHOO! Amazing finds! Thanks for shahring :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. What wonderful treasures you've found - And what a wonderful huge sale!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love all your finds..what great fun large sales like that are. Wish there were more of them.
    Happy VTT..have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Well, you hit it big time with all your treasures! I'd be itching to dig through those old patterns. Guessing the pan is for eggs--or making mini cornbread rounds? Lots of great stuff, although I'm not sure I quite share your enthusiasm for the reptile cage, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great treasures -- SCORE!!

    Blessings!
    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  20. It looks like a fun time and you did an awesome job treasure hunting. I have to say I just love the Hershey puzzle. I live about 15 miles from Hershey and I have seen many collectables around here but never that puzzle. Great find!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Yep, you did good!

    Have a great day!

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  22. WOW!!!!! I sure wish they had something like that here in Arizona! I can't believe how well you did! I have my eye on that quail liquor decanter....I will be checking Ebay! :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Those blue bottles would go on my window sills in my kitchen. I love the sun shining through in the mornings. You sure had a great day and made for a good post. Blessings
    QMM

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow girl, you found alot of goodies! I love that painted cloth and the Hershey box the most. I hate when there are two or more great sales going on at the same time and you have to make the tough decision on which one to go to first!
    Happy VTT!
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  25. I think you did really good. You got some great treasures at great prices.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love for you to leave me a comment. Helps me to know I'm not totally crazy...like my family thinks I am!
*hugs*deb

.

.
Blog Widget by LinkWithin