Welcome to my
Perfectly Imperfect Life..........

Thursday, April 29, 2010

A Garden in Bloom...

Be sure to jump over to Tootsie Time to see
what everyone is flaunting for
Fertilizer Friday!


Come along while I take my morning
stroll through the garden...



The Lime, I received for Easter from my
sister and her hubby, seems to be doing good (center of pic)


while the Meyer Lemon they gave me a few years ago
has buds!


some of the Lilacs are done blooming...


time to dehead...


If you leave the spent blooms on the plant,
the lilac will put most of its energy into seed production 
instead of making flower buds for next year.



the Honeysuckle is just about to burst!


blooms on the Tomatos


OOO a baby Tomato!!


and Strawberries!


Roses on parade...


Lady Banks Rose climbs up and old 
wooden patio umbrella frame 




I love the sweet scent of the Mock Orange,
it's covered in blooms


stop and smell the Lilacs ☺


check the wild bird feeder...


Oh Look! Cherry Plums


the other side of the pond


Mornin' guys!


peek a boo


Keets are a chirpin'


 this Honeysuckle on the other side of the house
has some blooms open.
Between the Mock Orange and Honeysuckle is smells
like Heaven!
(ingore the other stuff you see.
This is where I paint
and we store stuff)


the "Fairy Walk"




which leads to the Tortoises


It was finally warm enough over the weekend
to put them out side in their summer enclosure.
Meat Boris and Natasha, our Russian Tortoises.


Of course, Boris only has one thing on his mind....
there he goes bobbing his head up and down.
men! 


run Natashia, run!


She got smart!
He doesn't see her up there


when I left, he was running around looking for her! LOL


ah yes, another fine morning...


and all is right with the world


For now anyway...

15 comments:

  1. I have two tortoises as well... but they are concrete. Your garden looks lush and beautiful! Larry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for taking me on such a lovely tour of your garden. Your roses are lovely and the mock orange and lilacs are so scented this time of year. Boris and Natasha look so happy to be sharing the sunshine with you. Now I need a break in that wonderful Aderondack chair.
    Blessya I love, Love, LOVE your sweet surroundings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Deb, I just adored my stroll in your garden this morning. I LOVED how you have that path made with wood..What an amazing idea

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed the stroll through your gardens. My daughter has a red footed tortoise..they are cool pets.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely pond! Your roses are beautiful too and thanks for sharing the tortoise activity! Fun!
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really enjoyed the walk in your garden.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Deb,
    I stopped by because we have followed each other by way of my blog The Greentiques Solution. I would like now to personally invite you to join me at my new blog called Tools Are For Women Too! http://toolsareforwomentoo.blogspot.com/ Right now I have a giveaway going on, a link party planned for Monday, a Link Party Directory where bloggers can list their parties, and just a lot of great stuff. Please stop by if you can. Rory

    ReplyDelete
  8. That really was a delightful, sunny tour of your garden Deb! it is full of wonder and lush greens...
    simply gorgeous! definatley your passion!

    beautiful blog! i will follow after posting this comment!

    and I invite you over to Creative Carmelina to enter my giveaway a couple of posts ago..there's still time...deadline is tonight!

    ciao bella
    nice meeting you!

    Creative Carmelina

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely beautiful and inspiring! My lilacs have not started to bloom, but I will deadhead them this year. Thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a Lovely morning stroll!! aaah love ponds, the sound of the water just seems to make it all complete ( at least for me ) the mockorange is stunning!! Love the two turtles how cute! Thanks for sharing, Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, Deb, your gardens are gorgeous! I love the mock orange & lilacs in the spring. I need to go back & work harder on mine ... beautiful!

    Have a great weekend.
    TTFN ~ Hugs of love, Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  12. aloha,

    i love all the colors and flowers coming out in your garden today what an extensive tour..boy your turtles seem pretty frisky this morning....get a box please!

    thanks for sharing this today

    ReplyDelete
  13. Everything looks so good. I love the wood slat walkway at the beginning of the post.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a lush garden you have. Such a peaceful haven to connect with nature and God's creations. You must love being out there.

    ReplyDelete
  15. what a lovely space! it is like a fairy garden. you have done a wonderful job with it.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love for you to leave me a comment. Helps me to know I'm not totally crazy...like my family thinks I am!
*hugs*deb

.

.
Blog Widget by LinkWithin