Welcome to my
Perfectly Imperfect Life..........

Monday, July 15, 2013

Something New

For one of B&T's 2nd Anniversary Gifts I made this candle.
My first attempt at a craft like this and I decide it's for a gift!
Not soo smart.......
Sorry, no before or during photos :/ I get too excited and forget...
you should know that by now!! LOL

I purchased a plain cream colored vanilla candle.
Took one of their wedding photos and
converted it to sepia with Paint Shop.
I then cut a piece of tissue paper to the same size
as a sheet of printer paper and
taped them together on the edges.
I have two printers:
a old small one that only prints black and white
and my big ol'  HP that does everything but take the trash out.
The HP didn't like the way the paper felt and jammed every time!
But my little printer that could, went on and
performed her best for me.
I used my embossing gun (a gift from B&T for Christmas)
to melt the tissue into the wax.
A little vintage ecru trim and I was done.
I thought it turned out well,
they did too



5 comments:

  1. Hi Deb, what a great creation. I love it and how it turned out. It has such a vintage style and look with the sepia tones. I do the same thing, forget to take pics before hand.
    This will make a great gift too.
    Thank you for sharing. Have a great week.
    Hugs, Celestina Marie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that is one fabulous candle and I think it makes a great gift! Happy to be following along via GFC and looking forward to more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How beautiful. I've had more than my fair share of projects that I have failed to take pictures of while making. Even with out how to pictures, you provided a great tutorial. The candle is BEAUTIFUL.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that is a great gift and so personal! Fun project! Thanks for sharing at TTF this week.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cool idea! Thanks for sharing. This has been pinned to the Retro Re-Pin Party board.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love for you to leave me a comment. Helps me to know I'm not totally crazy...like my family thinks I am!
*hugs*deb

.

.
Blog Widget by LinkWithin