Welcome to my
Perfectly Imperfect Life..........

Friday, December 17, 2010

Vintage Ornaments

I was lucky enough to collect some of my Mother's old ornaments.
They bring back so many memories of us decorating the tree. She's been gone since 2001 but these make me feel that she's still close. I miss her so...
They may have some...or a lot, of color missing but I don't care, I love them!

I like to pull them together in containers and display them.
You saw some here and I also put some in my wooden tray
on the kitchen table.


Some are so tiny....miniature balls of delight.


A few were given to me and few I picked up at sales,
but the majority come from Mom.


Another Holiday vignette in the kitchen.
My fav sign by DaizyDonna.
The prim Angel I picked up last year at a fav consignment shop.
The same shop I found this tablecloth in this year for $3.00!
Love this style and fabric, they are so heavy,they may have a chance of lasting in my crazy house!
You can see the green and purple one in the back that I use to save the cushions on the bench from spills and such.


Merry Christmas!!

8 comments:

  1. I love this vignette! Having old Christmas ornaments from your Mom is very special. I love sign and the angel. Just a very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love all of your vintage ornaments and how you have them displayed. Family pieces like those are high on my list of favorite things!
    Have a wonderful weekend.
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some of your vintage Christmas decorations are bringing back memories for me. Too pretty! They remind me of my Grandmother's tree.

    Happy weekend Deb!
    xo Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are great vintage ornaments. I am sure each one is filled with a great memory. Happy holidays to you and family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heisann Deb!

    The 30ies are no longer the good old days, but the 60ies are.
    I remember those bowls and bells, angles and birds on the Christmastree.
    I wish you a joyful Christmas and a happy new year, many hugs from Bjørg Nina, the dragonfly from winterwonderland!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They're so pretty Deb. I no just how hard it is missing you Mom Sweetie. It still hurts to think about how much I miss my own. I love the way you've displayed her ornaments. What lovely reminders of you childhood.

    Love ya, Tracy :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful vignette of your ornies, Deb. It is so nice to have your vintage treasured ones still. I still get maudlin over seeing Mother's, too.

    Merry Christmas ~
    Have a beautiful season ~
    TTFN ~ Hugs, Marydon

    ReplyDelete

I'd love for you to leave me a comment. Helps me to know I'm not totally crazy...like my family thinks I am!
*hugs*deb

.

.
Blog Widget by LinkWithin