Welcome to my
Perfectly Imperfect Life..........

Friday, September 17, 2010

Fertilizer Friday ~ 9/17/10


Woo Hoo it's Friday!!
Check out Fertilizer Friday over at Tootsie Time!

I ordered 2 Hydrangeas and a Japanese Maple from eBay.


I got them potted up right away.


Both Hydrangeas are Nightingale and
are to be purple like these.


The Japanese Maple turned out to be a good size plant...
twice the size as advertised.


It is called Octopus.
It is a weeping variety with it's branches snaking down
and away from the trunk...like Octopus arms.
Here it is as an adult.

 

They are all said to be fast and hardy growers ☺

I had a light bulb go off the other day...
yes, it does happen....occasionally.

I am training vines over/around the gazebo.
There are 4 large openings.
one I want to keep as the entrance
then 'enclose' the other 3, making it more room-ish.

I was in the garage looking at my Treasure Pile
and saw 2 shuttered doors I had picked up in the spring
for $10 at a garage sale.

I had intended to use them in my living room makeover
(yes,I'm still plugging away at it)
but ended up not using them.

The new vines are growing, albeit slowly, and I had been trying to think of away to help them fill in sooner.

Light bulb!

I could attach the doors to the Gazebo frame.
I frantically hunted for those technical gardening accessories.....
Zip Ties.
Hauled out the doors and
Viola`!!


I love the way they look!,
like actually opening the doors into the garden.
They don't 'work' and even if they did they aren't wide enough,
but will certainly help with the morning sun while sipping our coffee.


I also came across 2 old windows I bought years ago...
for some 'future project'.
I think I'm going to try to hang them side by side on another side.
I can picture them surrounded by the vines but being able to see through them ☺☺☺

My Ivy Geranium is in it's glory.


I like the way the flowers fade to different shades of pink.


And then there's the wild Sunflowers.
I never planted these, I think the birds did.
They grow along side the roads here.


Enjoy your weekend,
hoping you get to spend it in the garden!

9 comments:

  1. Really great idea with the shutters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love,Love,LOVE your shutter door idea! so cottagie!! Never heard of Nightingale Hydrangea, but I bet that purple is going to be Really pretty and I really love the weeping Japanese maples :) I have 2.
    As for your Pond trama O...M...G!! I can well imagine that freaked out feeling! but glad you found the source, and all is Well :) whew .....
    Thanks for stopping by and checking Everything out ;) Honored you were the First:) Sure looks like I don't have a life ...huh! lol
    Jardin D'Morgana was done in the midst of Poison Ivy all over my face... I need a Distraction to keep me from ripping my face off! lol Any way ....
    Have a Great weekend ~
    Angel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love what you are doing in your garden. The gazebo is going to be a special joy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never ordered plants off ebay before - I will have to look into that. Love your idea for the gazebo - very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The shutters look good! Great upcycling!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your gazebo looks great.I see on your side bar you have a galah named Tilly. I love galahs, they are very common around here and fly wild. I have an old one in a cage called cheeky, and the wild ones come to visit him every day and try to to share his seed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great use for your shutters. It gives the gazebo more definition and screams "Come in"! Very creative. I hope your maple survives your heat! I have a gardening buddy that has started literally hundreds of baby maples and she has shared quite a few with me. She never knows exactly what she will get when she starts them.

    Pretty sunflowers :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love how the shutters look! Going to be so fabulous when everything fills in!!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love for you to leave me a comment. Helps me to know I'm not totally crazy...like my family thinks I am!
*hugs*deb

.

.
Blog Widget by LinkWithin