Welcome to my
Perfectly Imperfect Life..........

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Happy Watering!

It's Fertilizer Friday with Tootsie over at Tootsie Time!
Be sure to pop over and see everyone's update on the gardens!

Whew! seems all I do these days is water, water and water more!
Mother Nature has heated up that's for sure!

Look who I found all comfy cozy...


At first I thought it was empty.
But then I saw a dark body inside.


I poked him to see if he would come out and play ;)
I guess he was tired from an all nite web spinning and feeding frenzy.


Since I was having trouble finding some Jasmine plants locally
(remember we are in a small town here) 
I turned to eBay and found "Confederate Jasmine" for a song.
Nice healthy plants arrived.
I've never heard of these before but
I guess they are just basically a variegated form of Jasmine.


I am trying to cover the sides and eventually the top of our gazebo

to make it more like an enclosed room....
and to block that searing afternoon sun.
Someday I hope that all the sides will look like this.
So far the Honeysuckle have covered 2 of the 4 sides.
Lilacs will grow in the "holes" between the "corners"
with only one way in and out.
That's the 'plan' anyway.


I'd like to be able to place some shade plants inside
and free up some space on the deck.


The Honeysuckle smells heavenly when it blooms.
Mr. Bumble Bee thinks so too!
Isn't he gorgeous!


Just LOVE big ol' bees :)

The Apples are coming along nicely.


This is what I use to hold picked Tomatoes with
when I forget to bring the basket! LOL


Picked some Thompson Seedless the other day...just a few ;)
I have a ton more to pick!



Baylee seemed to think I needed help..
.that or she was looking for a quick snack of bugs! LOL


Bynx was in the Grapes chasing the birds away for me ;)



Update on Brandon and Tanya's Veggie Patch.

Their Pumpkins are growing by leaps and bounds!
These photos were taken about a month ago.

OK, we know not all of us are
born with round
heads ;)






I'm told this one can now be seen from the street!


Wishing all a wonderfully relaxing gardening weekend!

6 comments:

  1. Love the variegated jasmine. Oh la la at the grapes!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never thought to order plants from ebay, but I will definitely give it a look. Both your flower garden and your veggie garden are incredible! I can almost taste those grapes, mmm!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what you mean by needing something to cover up the hot sun. I have grapevine on my deck but wish I would have thought of something differnt as I have purple birdie poop all over my deck in the fall. I love your pumpkins mine are just setting on nicely but do have a few volunteer plants that are starting to orange, way too soon. Happy gardening - Debbie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Deb, The grapes look awesome! How lucky you are to be able to grow such nice grapes. Your pets are beautiful too and I'm glad they are always there to help with gardening tasks!
    Blessings, Beth

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Everything is doing so well...I confess to being a bit envious.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your garden is gorgeous, Deb!!! And yummy! :)
    Have a great weekend,
    Zuzu

    ReplyDelete

I'd love for you to leave me a comment. Helps me to know I'm not totally crazy...like my family thinks I am!
*hugs*deb

.

.
Blog Widget by LinkWithin