Welcome to my
Perfectly Imperfect Life..........

Friday, October 9, 2009

Pomagranite Jelly



Pomagranites are another of my favorite Fall fruits.
I get my Poms from the same elderly couple I get my Apples from each year. They have the largest Poms I have ever seen!
They are so yummy and fresh.  They make flavorful jelly too!!



An easy way to juice Pomegranates is to roll them on a hard surface, like your counter, applying pressure as you roll.  While you roll the Pomegranate you will hear the seeds pop inside. Once they are all popped it will feel "soft".

 While holding the Pom over a bowl, poke a couple of holes into it. I use an old ice pick and wriggle it around a bit.

The juice will start comming out. Squeeze the Pom with your hands until the juice stops.
You can also remove the seeds from the Pom and put them through a juicer.
OR
You could just purchase Pomegranate juice from your grocer.  



Pomegranate Jelly

4 cups Pomegranate Juice
7 cups Sugar
2 lemons, juiced
1 (6 fluid ounce) container Liquid Pectin

Combine Pomegranate and Lemon Juice with Sugar in a large stainless steel pot. Bring to boil over high heat and at once stir in Liquid Pectin. Bring to a full rolling boil and boil exactly 1/2 minute. Remove from heat and skim off foam.
Ladle into hot, sterilized jars to within 1/4 inch from the top. Wipe rim, seal with lid and ring and close tightly. Process in a boiling water bath for 5 minutes. Makes 4 1/2 pints.

4 comments:

  1. I'd have it eaten before anything else could be done with it! I love, LOVE them!!

    Have a lovely snuggly eve. TTFN ~Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, pomagranite jelly...who knew! It sounds delicious and pomaganite is suppose to be very healthy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you ever used powdered pectin for this recipe?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No I have not, but don't see why you couldn't :)

      Delete

I'd love for you to leave me a comment. Helps me to know I'm not totally crazy...like my family thinks I am!
*hugs*deb

.

.
Blog Widget by LinkWithin