Welcome to my
Perfectly Imperfect Life..........

.

.

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Quick and Inexpensive Last Minute Easter Favors


I'm joining:

MM at Between Naps on the Porch

Spring/Easter makes me feel like every thing's new and fresh,
That's why I like to send my guests home from Easter Dinner with a plant.
It just seems right to me.

So this year when my mind went to plants,
my pocketbook didn't follow.

I needed to think up a way to put together something inexpensive
so I could continue with my tradition.

I was at Walmart (what the heck would I do without that store?)
 perusing the garden section when I saw they had 6 packs on sale.
I grabbed a couple of Petunias and headed inside to find peat pots.

Once I got home I gave each peat pot a paint job.
While waiting for them to dry I hopped on the computer to check out some of my fav blogs. I was blown away when I read Tales From an O C Cottage and
m ^..^ had done a similar project!
Great minds I tell ya!




Printed out some Easter Graphics
and once the pots were dry, glued them on


The next day I transplanted the Petunias into their own pots.
I tore a coffee filter up and placed a piece in the bottom of each pot to prevent the dirt from coming out but still allowing for complete drainage.


There ya go!
A buck a 6er, peat pots $1.59,
12 plant favors for under $4.00 ♥♥



All ready for Easter Sunday 
Blog Widget by LinkWithin