Welcome to my
Perfectly Imperfect Life..........

Saturday, December 12, 2009

Tasty and Easy Stuffed Rolls



Along with my baking I made some Stuffed Rolls.
Mom used to make these for Christmas Eve
They were inexpensive, easy and you could make them ahead of time.
When I was younger my Aunts, Uncles and Cousins would come over to celebrate on Christmas Eve. We would make tons of these for that night.

We would eat then sit and wait to hear a special bell at the back door.
There was a special guest that would always stop by....


YES! Santa would come to OUR house!
He had his sack of gifts for all us kids.
Later, after I grew up I realized it was my Uncle who played Santa for us
and then my Sister's son...for my children... and my cousins children.

~~Ahh, great Memories~~

But without further adieu, 
*The Stuffed Rolls*

(recipe circa '70's, note typed recipe card!)


Gather all your ingredients.
I substituted ground turkey for the hamburger
because that's what I had on hand.


Mix it all up good


Add to bun


Place onto wax paper


Roll up and twist ends


They fit right back into the bun bag for the freezer


Anytime you want some pop them into the microwave and heat a couple mins.
Handy snack for the older kids to grab.
When my oldest Son owned his Computer Shop,
he would take these for lunch in the winter,
fast and easy to heat and eat.

We will be enjoying these when we celebrate Christmas with our kids
here at home on the 19th.

3 comments:

  1. Hi, and thanks for visiting my blog.

    Your stuffed rolls sound delicious! How do you keep them from getting soggy when you freeze and microwave them? Or is that just part of the charm?

    Troy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas to you! I love your blog design. It is very beautiful. The typewritten recipe brings back a lot of fond memories to me too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love reading your recipes, your racoon adventures,and seeing what everyone is doing for the holidays. Enjoy your family.
    We will spend Christmas Eve with our family. It is always a lot of fun to watch our grandsons reactions to their gifts. Have a Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete

I'd love for you to leave me a comment. Helps me to know I'm not totally crazy...like my family thinks I am!
*hugs*deb

.

.
Blog Widget by LinkWithin