Welcome to my
Perfectly Imperfect Life..........

Tuesday, June 4, 2019

Good Luck Gift for Dad


Buying something for the man in your life, be it your Father, Grandfather, Godfather or that special one that has been there for you all the way sometimes presents a problem. Let's face Men are hard to buy for!

Here's a little rustic ditty that easy enough that the kids can help with. It's just just rusty and grubby enough for a guy to hang anywhere.

And the meaning behind it can't be any better. 
Wishing him luck in all he does!


Grab some supplies:
a Horseshoe
faux succulents
wire, jute, or twine
moss
adhesive


I happened to have copper wire I picked up at a garage sale so that's what I used. But you could use any wire, jute, twine, cording, etc.

I pulled a length of wire out to straighten it and eyeballed the length I would need, then cut it.


I started wrapping the wire around the end of the horseshoe about an inch or so down. I didn't count how many times I went around, the choice is up to you.
When finished wrapping I pulled the wire under the wraps to secure it.


I left a long enough piece of wire to hang it by then
I started the same with the other end of the wire on the other side of the shoe. 


Once the wrapping was done I again wove the end of the wire under the wraps to secure it, then snipped off the extra.


I glued on some moss with GE Silicone II in case it ended up being hung outside.


I weighted it down overnight to be sure direct contact was made as it cured.


I picked up these faux succulents at Dollar Tree
Yay inexpensive!
I pulled one out of it's pot


It was too big!
I pulled a few of the bottom sections off until it was the size I wanted.
I cut the stem off.


Did the same to two others. Figured out where I wanted to place them.
Glued them down. Weighted them down overnight so all made contact and stayed where I wanted them to.


Finished!
Really like it


I think I need to make me one!

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY TO ALL THE DADS
OUT THERE!! 

Other posts you may be interested in:

18 comments:

  1. What a cute idea for Father's Day! Thank you for sharing it with us at the Talk Of The Town party 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Have a wonderful weekend ♥

      Delete
  2. Hi Dragonflytreasure,
    Looks Great! As they say, great minds work together :) Mine are still alive, I can't believe it.
    Xo Lisa S
    https://freshvintagebylisas.blogspot.com/2019/02/succulents-on-horseshoe.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WOW! you used real ones, I'm impressed! It's gorgeous. Great minds ♥

      Delete
  3. Oh this is lovely! Thanks for sharing with us at this weeks to Grandma's house we go link party, I'll be featuring you when the next party starts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG! Thank you so much! I'm honored. Wishing you a great week ♥

      Delete
  4. You always have great ideas. I love this. Have a great week

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. tHANK YOU SO MUCH! wISHING YOU AN AWESOME WEEK ALSO ♥

      Delete
  5. That is so cute! Thanks for sharing your creative soul!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute idea! I love it! Have a blessed week ahead! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, glad you like it. A blessed week to you too ♥

      Delete
  7. Wowo I really love this I am going to have to make one of these! Thanks for sharing! I hope you have a blessed week ahead! I will stop by again soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks! I need to make one for me too. This one was a gift! Blessed week ahead for you also ♥

      Delete
  8. Oh, this is so pretty! I love succulents.
    Thank you for sharing at The Really Crafty Link Party. Pinned.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Teresa! Wishing you a great week♥

      Delete
  9. Very nice gift for father's day! This will be one of my features tomorrow at the Snickerdoodle link party!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG! Thank you so much! I appreciate you and the others hosting each week. Enjoy your weekend ♥
      *hugs*deb

      Delete

I'd love for you to leave me a comment. Helps me to know I'm not totally crazy...like my family thinks I am!
*hugs*deb

.

.
Blog Widget by LinkWithin