Welcome to my
Perfectly Imperfect Life..........

Saturday, September 10, 2016

Carousel Horse Suncatcher


What to do with a pretty Carousel Horse that needed a some uplifting?

I thought about this for quite a few nights. 
All I could picture in my head was the horse flying in air with ribbon streamers flowing down, 
kind of like a Maypole. 
Why? 
Who knows! 

This was too fancy of a horse to just has ribbon streamers!  
Then my dim light bulb finally shined - a suncatcher! 
Ah, crystals, shiny beads, and of course a few ribbons

I gathered any and all supplies I thought I might need could use,
so excuse my mess- I'm creating here! LOL


The first thing I noticed was that there were roses decorating the horse here and there. I grabbed some small ribbon roses I had, but they weren't small enough. So I cut them down to size and glued them on.


 I only had purple ones. 
 The main color is purple with some aqua.
 I really wanted to bring more aqua out, 
so I painted some aqua. 



Then it hit me!
DUH! 
I had forgotten I had just hit the best Estate Sale of a crafter,
 the day before and hadn't unpacked yet.
I started digging and came across these darling cascading millinery flowers. I thought they would be perfect to drape over her tail -


that's when I realized I was adorning her like a parade horse!
That's OK, I love the horses in all their parade costumes/gear.


   Aren't those cascading flowers perfect?
I love them!
I remembered I had a beaded decoration leftover from a non-functioning pen. That's the 2 short dark purple bead strands with bells on the ends that you see on this side. They are attached to a lavender flower which has a bow on it.

 ~ Next was the most difficult part ~
Hence probably the reason for no photos
Threading the prisms, spacers and beads
Attaching them where I wanted them
Trying to get the end bows to look a like
And just plain wanting it all to turn out to be what I could see in my minds eye ~


Oh and the ribbon streamers, top and bottom


Not done yet.
After attaching the bottom streamers I still needed to add two more "prism danglers'' to the center post. After a bit of finagling I got it just right but wanted it to be a little more secure than just tied and glued. I found a lampwork bead at the bottom of my stash that had a hole big enough to fit the pole, Amazing! Added a touch of glue and felt much better.


Next was to finish off the end of the pole.
I encircled it in a strand of tiny gold beads ending with an aqua star
and an iridescent bicone bead.
  

Done?

Uh, something is missing ~~

I know!
Glitter nail polish on the roses!!


Here she sits drying for her last time.


BTW, like her drying stand? LOL
Old odd vases do come in handy at times ;)

*Here she is in all her glory*



 






She was hanging near a window and when the sun came in the colors that came shining through were wonderful. A small breeze came up and she began to jingle too. 

A sweet light jingle with rainbow colors and ribbon streamers.

It's a good day :) 

5 comments:

  1. I love your thought process and the horse looks awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely LOVE this idea! This turned out beautiful ! I have a collection of carousel horses, some are not on their base but just the pole,like yours, thank you so much for this idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet your collection is awesome! Yes, when this guy broke I had to think of something - too pretty to toss!

      Delete
  3. OMG~ SOOO ADORABLE AAAND BEAUTEOUS!
    However, for My Own Purr~sonal Fairy Taste, I Believe That Her Mane Could Use SOME SPARKLE... Purr~haps A Coat Of Your GLITTER NAIL POLISH? OR, SOME LOOSE GLITTER GLUED ON? OOOR, What I'd Purr~obably Do IS A COAT OF YOUR GLITTER NAIL POLISH AAAND A FEW THIN STRIPES OF EITHER A DIFFERENT COLOR GLITTER, OR HOW ABOUT THIN STRIPS OF RIBBON STRIPES WIIITH THE GLITTER POLISH??!!
    Purr~sonally, {as you may have Already gathered} I Just Don't Think You Can Ever REALLY Over~Glittzerize [MY OWN WORD OF GLITTER & GLITZ~ NOW WHO'Z KRAZY?! LOL]... Well, IF You Know HOW To DO IT Correctly!
    So, there's My 7 Cents {Tronald Dump's Inflation}. Most Of All, THANK YOU FOR SHARING YOUR WONDERFUL, FANCIFUL, MAGICAL CAROUSEL HORSE~ as someone who Adores Horses, SHE Is One Of THEE MOST GORGEOUS I'VE EVER SEEN, And I'm Jealous Cuz I'd LOVE To Adorn One, too!
    Blessings For Continued Beauty & Joyous Kreations~
    Kat
    P.S. Please feel free to share THIS with your family so they can see You've Got "CRAZY COMPETITION"! hee hee

    ReplyDelete

I'd love for you to leave me a comment. Helps me to know I'm not totally crazy...like my family thinks I am!
*hugs*deb

.

.
Blog Widget by LinkWithin