Welcome to my
Perfectly Imperfect Life..........

Wednesday, May 18, 2016

An Easy Peasy Dinner


If you follow by blog you know
C and I have been sick for too long.

The last thing I feel like doing is cooking.
I don't even want to cook when I'm well.
But everyone was sick of fast food.

Supplies in the house had dwindled,
but I needed to find something easy and different.

I propped myself up in bed and flipped through the net,
not really expecting to find anything appealing.

Then I saw a photo of a Frittata.
Heard of the name, but never had one before.
Some of the ingredients wouldn't fly with the kids,
others I didn't have, some were on my do not eat list from my Doctor....but I figured I could tweak it to our liking.
I did and it was easy and it was cleaned up!

SCORE!

There, now can I go back to bed??
:)

Here's my version of

Egg and Cheese Frittata

2 handfuls of diced ham (leftover from Easter ;) )
12 eggs
3 cups cut up Broccoli (I used frozen)
2 garlic cloves, minced
2½ tablespoons grated Parmesan
1 cup grated Mozzarella 
¼ teaspoon black ground pepper
1 tablespoon olive oil


Instructions:

Preheat oven to 425° F.

In a 9- to 12-inch oven-safe sauté pan (or iron skillet) over medium-high heat, cook the broccoli in olive oil until soft and very lightly browned, about 5-8 minutes. Add garlic and sauté another 2-3 minutes.

Meanwhile, whisk eggs with the Parmesan, Mozzarella, ham, and pepper; set aside.


After broccoli/garlic is soft and cooked through, add egg/cheese mixture and let cook for 30 seconds over high heat. Transfer the pan to the heated oven and let the frittata cook until the eggs are just set. Should be about 25 to 30 minutes. Remove the pan from the oven and then turn the frittata out with a rubber spatula onto a serving plate.





Cut it like a pie and serve it up.

Protein, veggies, dairy ~

my new go to leftovers meal

;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love for you to leave me a comment. Helps me to know I'm not totally crazy...like my family thinks I am!
*hugs*deb

.

.
Blog Widget by LinkWithin