Welcome to my
Perfectly Imperfect Life..........

Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Buried By Zucchini

We are in full swing of production season now!
I just finished canning more Zapplesauce, Strawberry Fig Jam
and Zickles! 

  I have another new recipe to add to my repertoire of Zucchini Recipes thanks to my daughter-in-law!

Zucchini Lasagna
adapted from Tanya Newton's recipe
Ingredients: 
Ground beef or turkey, cooked
Zucchini skinned and sliced like Lasagna noodles
Spaghetti Sauce
Salt, Pepper, Italian Seasoning and Garlic
Mozzarella Cheese, shredded
Olive Oil
Directions:
Mix Spaghetti Sauce with pre-cooked meat.
Layer Zucchini slices on bottom of 9"x12" pan.
Brush with Olive Oil.
Add a shake of each Spice to your liking.
Top with meat mixture then Cheese.
Repeat layers until pan is full.
Bake at 425 degrees for 20 to 30 minutes until Zucchini is soft.
You can also top each meat layer with a vegetable of your choice. 
Do I dare say it is AWESOME!!!
Hey, when you're over run with Squash
and you have one in the family that hates veggies,
I have to hide it in whatever I can!
I'm waiting for a Monster Zucchini to come my way.
The thought of Zapple Pie is making me drool
You can guarantee that no matter what comes my way
 I can disguise it into something delicious!
Anyone remember the Fresh Tomato Cake?

Yep, my Tomatoes are ripening pretty quickly
so this may be in the future


7 comments:

  1. I would love to try all you fresh veggies you've canned. You're such a smart cookie Deb! And the Zucchini lasagna. And all that delicious looking cheese - you're making me very hungry! I've never heard of tomato cake. I know if you made it, it has to be so good. :) ((hugs sweetie))!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved this post because I can totally relate to be "buried in zucchini!" LOL I'm going to give this lasagna recipe a try!! If the zapple pie turns out, share that, too!!!! HA!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello!
    For some reason I am collecting zucchini recipies. Lasgna, mmm. The picture makes me hungry!!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love my zucchini this time of year! I've been making chocolate zucchini cake, Italian Zucchini sauté and zucchini bread. Gonna try some of yours! Pinned!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds really yummy! You have been very creative with your zucchini recipes! Thanks for sharing with SYC. Pinned.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  6. The zucchini lasagna looks delicious. Thanks for linking up at the Tuesday Garden Party.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds wonderfully delicious! I do appreciate you sharing with Home and Garden Thursday,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete

I'd love for you to leave me a comment. Helps me to know I'm not totally crazy...like my family thinks I am!
*hugs*deb

.

.
Blog Widget by LinkWithin