Welcome to my
Perfectly Imperfect Life..........

Friday, March 15, 2013

We've Got Spring Fever


I want to start off today's post with a Nursery advertisement I clipped from the newspaper many, many years ago.
It was so funny I have kept it all these years. At the time I was staying with my sister who had a yellow VW bug... well, after you read it you'll understand and lets just say we could relate!
LOL
The add read:
"It's true, and it must be contagious because everyone who comes to the Nursery seems to come down with it too!
 The Symptoms seems to be:
  1. Restlessness
  2. Urgency to plant every inch of the yard in beautiful Spring flowers
  3. A rash of illogical behaviour epitomized by trying to balance 3 flats of annuals in 2 hands and fit a 15 gallon tree in a Volkswagen trunk"
Need I say more?
    Spring has arrived and many plants are showing off in my gardens. We made the 80 mark several times last week and the forecast says in the high 70's next week.
    Guess it's time to crank up the sprinklers.
    I have so many projects I'd like to accomplish this Summer.
    From glass mushrooms,
    to improving my Fairy walk and garden,

    using up some of those vases we all have
    and making a birdbath,
    and finally getting my bike into the garden with baskets planted.
Yes, Spring Fever has hit big time.
But I digress...
here's some photos of what my garden is doing currently.
PLEASE Ignore the weeds!
Cherry Tree full of blossoms
Rescued Nectarine in full bloom 

I can always count on the Forget-Me-Nots to reseed each year.
Pretty soon I will have a sea of blue.

The Thompson Seedless is sprouting

Some rain and sunshine and all goes crazy.
Can you say Prune me?

Cecile Brunner climber

Honeysuckle by aviary is reaching out and grabbing.
Yikes!

Third year in a row this plain old six pack Petunia has bloomed.
Forgot to pull it one year,
the next it came back and bloomed.
The question is:
does it reseed itself?
or
is it the same plant?

Yellow and orange Calendulas pop
and bloom all over.

My kind of plant...
no work
:)



I slept with the window open last night,
ahh fresh air.
Cyndar must have gotten cold, which she does easily.
But she knows how to warm up ;)
Silly dog has to sleep with a baby blanket over her head
because her nose gets cold.
This time I think all of her got cold!
Notice how much room she gives me to sleep in?!
Katie sleeps in the headboard.
Why? Cuz Cyndar kicks in her sleep, and I do mean kick!
She's even kicked herself off the bed once or twice.
 Katie would go flying across the room if Cyndar's back legs made contact with her!
Yes, she kicks me too...but I kick back.
Then we snuggle. LOL
 Wishing you all sunshine this weekend
so you can get outside and get some dirt under those nails!

1 comment:

  1. Yeah - we are ready for spring too...love the mushrooms...

    ReplyDelete

I'd love for you to leave me a comment. Helps me to know I'm not totally crazy...like my family thinks I am!
*hugs*deb

.

.
Blog Widget by LinkWithin