Welcome to my
Perfectly Imperfect Life..........

Friday, September 30, 2011

October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month


At my last routine Dr's visit I mentioned my left breast had been aching
I figured I would be required to get another mammogram to see what was going on.
I had surgery in this breast when I was a Senior in High School due to a lump, but all was OK.
It was a benign cyst.

But much to my amazement he did an EKG.
I told him it wasn't my heart, I just had an ache in my breast.
He said "humor me"
I could have dropped dead when he said my EKG was abnormal
and I needed to see a
Cardiologist!!!

I had the big C on my mind not heart problems.
Needless to say I was shocked, then concerned.
I told him I was too young and why would I, of all people,
have any trouble with my heart?
Heart problems weren't in my family,
Cancer was.

He said with all the years of severe stress I had been through
that it has probably taken a toll on my heart.

Yes, I have been diagnosed with PTSD but my heart??
OK, now from concerned to scared.

But after what happened the other day,
I know I will be OK....

While waiting at a stop light (in the big city)
the kids and I heard a sonic boom!
Or at least that's what it sounded like
(does anyone remember those?)
The van shook like we were having an earthquake,
 like someone had dropped a humongous boulder on the roof!

After catching our breath,
 T said the big rig that had just turned by us had blown a tire.
OMG! I think we were deaf for the next hour!

We stopped at a store and while there
an employee dropped a pallet.
I jumped about a mile!
OK is someone trying to give me a heart attack!!??

But I was fine...shaky but fine, we all were.
So I figure if those louder than loud noises
 didn't do any detrimental damage to me I was gonna be OK.

So while October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month
lets not forget our hearts too!!

BTW, I see the Cardiologist on Monday ;)


♥♥♥

6 comments:

  1. That is how my heart condition was found, a discomfort near the left breast. From age 50 to 59 I constantly complained, the Dr (?) I had, said 'women your age don't have to worry about heart problems, Marydon'. I replied 'but my Dad dropped dead at age 61'. Tish, tish! And, then a PA found how seriously ill I was with chronic heart failure. This PA saved my life. Never dismiss any pain regardless of age.

    I am so glad you were with a good Dr. who took care of sending you on immediately. My best to you & hope you have no further issues of significance, Deb.
    God bless.
    Have a great weekend.
    TTFN ~
    Hugs,
    Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you discovered the problem so that you can take care of it.

    Be good to yourself.

    BTW I remember sonic booms. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness! You're so lucky that you were alerted to this problem early. Thank goodness it's not cancer, and hopefully something you will be able to keep under control with the watchfull eye of a good doctor. I hope all goes well on Monday with the cardiologist. Will be thinking of you and saying a prayer too:-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sending you good thoughts and best wishes that everything turns out Ok!
    Keep us posted!

    xo Catherine

    (I think that tire blowing would have done me in!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're in my thoughts Deb. I'll e-mail
    Take care.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers Deb, thanks for stopping by and my thoughts are with you as always! Hugs Marilou

    ReplyDelete

I'd love for you to leave me a comment. Helps me to know I'm not totally crazy...like my family thinks I am!
*hugs*deb

.

.
Blog Widget by LinkWithin