Welcome to my
Perfectly Imperfect Life..........

Monday, May 30, 2011

Happy Memorial Day!


In Flanders Fields


In Flanders fields the poppies blow
Between the crosses, row on row
That mark our place; and in the sky
The larks, still bravely singing, fly
Scarce heard amid the guns below.

We are the Dead. Short days ago
We lived, felt dawn, saw sunset glow,
Loved and were loved, and now we lie
In Flanders fields.

Take up our quarrel with the foe:
To you from failing hands we throw
The torch; be yours to hold it high.
If ye break faith with us who die
We shall not sleep, though poppies grow
In Flanders fields.


Let's not forget all who have kept us free.

Happy Memorial Day!!


4 comments:

  1. I enjoyed visiting and your post for this special Memorial Day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely post, Happy Memorial Day to you, too.
    Lezlee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Memorial Day Deb, I can follow no letes see if the comment works? Thanks for giving me you blog addy, I hope you can do the same soon! Hugs Marilou

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep, Your following showed up! Hugs HMD again!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love for you to leave me a comment. Helps me to know I'm not totally crazy...like my family thinks I am!
*hugs*deb

.

.
Blog Widget by LinkWithin