Welcome to my
Perfectly Imperfect Life..........

Friday, October 15, 2010

Fertilizer Friday ~ 10/15/10

Once again we join Tootsie Time for Fertilizer Friday!


Please pop over and see what everyone is flaunting!


Tomatoes anyone??

We went from mid 70's last week into the upper 90's this week
bringing on a flush of ripe Tomatoes.


I picked these this morning to add
 to the drawer full I already have in the frig!
With the cooler temps last week my mind changed gears from
canning to baking which brought on a hunt for green tomato recipes.
So, not in a canning mood, I looked for fresh Tomato recipes and found
a Fresh Tomato Cake recipe.
It's in the oven as we speak!
If it's any good I'll share the recipe ♥

You see they'll be plenty of time for the green recipes.... 


as there are tons more Toms out there!


Help!


Anyone?!


I had to go to the store for Cream Cheese Frosting (for the cake)
and spied little Mums on sale for $1.49


I need to get them in the ground
but for now they are keeping "The Old Geezer" company ☺☺

7 comments:

  1. Tomatoes growing was TERRIBLE here, good for you ... every time you bite into one of those acidy beauties, take a bite for me. Chuckle.

    Have a beautiful weekend.
    TTFN ~ Hugs, Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  2. look at you go!!! that is a great harvest of tomatoes!!! I tried to grow them one year and my kids ate them all when they were still green thinking they were apples!!! hahaha...thanks for linking in this week...it is always nice to visit your gardens

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sure is a lot of tomatoes! My sister who has an allottment had a great amount as well this year due to a good summer in Ireland for a change!
    Thanks for calling over to my blog and your kind comments!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll be curious to hear how the cake turned out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We had to pick all the tomatoes off the vine a week ago as there is not enough heat now for them and we get a frost at night. I made a tomatoe soup cake a few weeks ago but I have not heard of fresh tomatoe cake. Hope you post how it went.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Deb,
    the same thing here, cool weather and then warm weather and more tomatoes! I was fine with that. I didn't pant a lot of tomatoes so these "bonus" ones were nice to get!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I finally had to give up and left a hundred or so tomatoes on the vine. Hard freeze is coming this weekend and I needed to get my yard put to bed...

    ReplyDelete

I'd love for you to leave me a comment. Helps me to know I'm not totally crazy...like my family thinks I am!
*hugs*deb

.

.
Blog Widget by LinkWithin