Welcome to my
Perfectly Imperfect Life..........

Monday, August 30, 2010

Country House Fall Knock-Off


I received the new Fall Issue from The Country House
and was flipping through it when


these apples and pears caught my eye.


I liked the stars on them and they definately say Fall is here,
but $15.99 for 4 put the brakes on!

The I started thinking.
How can I make these?
I new I had Dollar Store faux apples and pears in my Treasure Pile,
hmmm

I dragged out some supplies that I thought would do the trick.

The faux fruit
my spice mix
paint
craft knife
and of course..
Mod Podge had to be included!

I knew I would need a star stencil
so I cut one out of their catalog (just happened to be the right size ;))
traced it onto a piece of paper and cut it out.


I coated the fruit in Mod Podge and the dredged them in the spice  mix.


When dry I coated them in Mod Podge again.


Let them dry thoroughly for a few hours then
just held on the stencil and
added the star with copper craft paint


I think they turned out pretty darn cute.
No they aren't the same color and
the star is painted on, not attached,
but I did say my version in the title! LOL



They were so easy and fun to make,
I even made some for my shop!


Other posts you may be interested in:

11 comments:

  1. Deb, I love your version more!~I have been picking my brain to come up with something unique for fall, you always have such great ideas for every season!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool. I love the way they turned out.
    Monica

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous - what a great idea. I bet they smell wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the apples. You have a good eye and the talent to be able to make it "your way." Too bad you can't eat them:) Thanks for visiting me for my Niles finds. I noticed last week that we were neighbors, almost. Hope you've enjoyed the weather this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the Country House for ideas too. I love your spicy fruit...it does look like a lot of fun to make and must smell heavenly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. well, aren't you clever! how cool is that.
    do they smell good too?
    ♥ maureen

    ReplyDelete

I'd love for you to leave me a comment. Helps me to know I'm not totally crazy...like my family thinks I am!
*hugs*deb

.

.
Blog Widget by LinkWithin