Welcome to my
Perfectly Imperfect Life..........

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Seaside Memories...and an Award!


I have been a busy girl ☺

While 'organizing' my Treasure Piles
I came across ALL the shells I have collected over the last few years...
bags and bags of shells for which I had several ideas for.

I finally sat down...or stood up
and had some of my ideas come to fruition.



Some Beachy Shell Balls...
big and little


...can't waste broken shells, sooo

I wrote little sayings/inspirations on them
and nestled the shells in a moss lined basket.


and last, but not least...
my fav

a Mermaid pail brimming with shells
and topped with 3 star candles.


I love the way it turned out.


and especially love the  
Sweet Mermaid label.


These are available in my eBay Store
and/or my Etsy Shop .

XOXOXOXOXOX

I received this lovely Versatile Blogger Award
by Catherine from Corner of Cats Mind
Thank you so very much Cat!!


This award has some rules:

Rule 1. Thank the person who gave it to you. Again, Thank you Cat!!! 
Rule 2. Share 9 things about yourself.
Rule 3. Pass the award along to 9 bloggers who you think are fantastic.
Rule 4. Contact Blog award winners.

Here are 9 things that you don't know about me (hopefully)

1. I had a Bat for a pet when I was little.
2. There are 10 years between my sister and I. I'm the younger one ;)
3. I've hooked bales of hay when it was harvest time.
4. I'm full blooded Portuguese.
5. I learned to drive on a stick shift '65 Impala
6. I love hugs.
7. I don't know how to swim.
8. I can't roller skate either.
9. I love decorating books.

Now for 9 fab bloggers:

1. Debbi@ All In My Cottage
2. Susie@ 1st Floor Flat
3. Shirley@ Shirley Stitches
4. Dar@ Dar's Stuffings
5. Lezlee@ Prior Lives
6. Tobi@ Pink Pixie Forest
7. Sherrie@The Eccentric Lady
8. Francie@The Scented Cottage
9. Michele@Michele's Treasures, Teacups and Tumbling Rose Cottage



OK, now it's your turn, hop to it! :)

17 comments:

  1. Your shell collection is magnificant! I really love the mermaid pale - everything just looks so perfect with her!

    Jeanine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okee Doekey Deb, Here Goes...

    1. Thanks Deb, you keep my mind fresh, you didn't
    know that did you.
    2. I'm not so young you thinks I am
    3. My twin brother and I have the same receding hairline.

    4. I have over 250 relatives...that I know but
    there are many more
    5. I used to sing in a Folk Group
    6. I no longer sing except in the shower and to my babygrands.
    7. I can swim but not well enough to save anyone.
    8. My brother and I used to have 14 horses.
    9. Once a nerd, always a nerd., but not a smart one.

    This was tougher than you think...I don't know how to add anything to my blog, so I'm not sure how I'm going to continue this challenge.
    I will think of something.
    In the meantime, dear Deb, ya stinker you, have a great day and don't laugh too hard with my answers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love, love, love the mermaid bucket! I checked your etsy for a copy but all gone! I will next check ebay...

    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Girl, Congrats on your award!! Love all the seashell ideas, really Love the Mermaid bucket, cool pic of the mermaid!! Hope all's well with hubby,and how is Baylee doin? Hope well .... :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh deb...this is a wonderful montage of collected goodness! wow!

    everything is so pretty....well done!

    ciao bella
    creative carmelina

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all your shells, the shell balls are great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for the award! I love the sea shells, especially the ones that you wrote on! Lezlee

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Deb. I have never done one of your blog awards but here goes.
    1.Thank you for being my friend anc visiting my blog. I love the comments that you leave.
    2. I have 6 brothers and 3 sisters. I am in the middle. I was the smallest when I was born and I am still the smallest of all.
    3.I learn how to drive a team of horses when I was young.
    4. i don't like to cook, but I do.
    5.I can't swim very well, definitely not to save someone and probably forgot what I learned many years ago.
    6. I can't rollerskate or ice skate.
    7. I did play softball and basketball during school.
    8. I love reading romance novels or a good mystery.
    9. I love going for a drive with no place in particular in mind.
    Now to figure out who to maybe send this too. Have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Deb ! LOVE what you have done with seashells.
    Thanks for giving me the sweet award but I will have to pass for now... my computer is just NOT reliable enough. It will cut me off in a snap. It's frustrating to get in the middle of something and then lose it !!! Going to add your blog to my list though .... WOOOOOOOT for Georgia girls !!!
    (())
    Francie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love all your shell crafts. They look great!

    Congrats on the award!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, Deb, those sea shells! Did you collect those yourself?? I just love your seashell art--I brought ton of shells back from Sanibel Island 3 years ago, and never knew what to do with them other than to display them in jars and bowls. Thank you so much for the blog award! Will put that up soon on my blog too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you so much for the honor, Deb! Love the shells.
    ; )
    ~Michele

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your sea shell collection and what you have done with some of them. Great ideas and so very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a lovely collection of shells. And you've got them displayed so beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Deb... love your shell collection and what you did with them... I have one, too... for my beach house one day!! :)

    Ok... you had me laughing on your last post! Sometimes we all have to put on our big girl panties and tackle those messy rooms... it feels so good when we finish!

    Thanks for stoppin' by my blog!

    Kendra @ Creative Ambitions

    ReplyDelete
  16. How cute is that mermaid bucket ~ and all those beautiful shells! A pet bat...hmmmm...you are a brave woman! :) Thanks for playing along ~ it's always so much fun to learn little tidbits about blogger friends!

    And guess what ~ I received my package from you today! How exciting! Thank you (and Cyndar) again ~ all of the gifts are so lovely. I will be thanking you on my blog tonight! Love it!

    I hope you have just the most wonderful evening Deb!
    xo Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Deb - you must think me awfully rude not to have contacted you to thank you SO MUCH for this brilliant award... your comment was in my Spam folder (don't ask me how - the computer crashed the other week, and has been very rocky since). So I do sincerely apologise, and thank you very very much.

    I'm really thrilled - and touched - that you would think of me.

    Big hugs from the UK!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love for you to leave me a comment. Helps me to know I'm not totally crazy...like my family thinks I am!
*hugs*deb

.

.
Blog Widget by LinkWithin