Welcome to my
Perfectly Imperfect Life..........

Monday, May 24, 2010

Lookie what I Found!!!

Happy Day to All!

I'm joining:



Diane at A Picture is Worth 1,000 Words for 2nd Time Around Tuesday
Linda for Nifty Thrifty Tuesdays at Coastal Charm

Suzanne at Coloradolady for Vintage Thingie Thursday

Last time we spoke I had finished straightening one of my Treasure Piles
then had turned to face this.... 


Well, I put my big girl panties on and
climbed this mountain of Treasure too!

I...
 pulled, lugged, tossed, stacked,
folded, collected, corralled, cleaned,
adjusted, sorted, arranged, condensed,
gathered, culled, heaped, wrangled,
raised, lowered, forged, shaped,
combined, merged, finagled,
and somewhat organized this mountain too
☺☺☺ 

Whew!




But the bestest thing of all was........

that I found something I did not know/or had forgotten
I had.


Another can of Mom's Buttons!!!!


(OK, so this one says Zippers...didn't know she had any 'zipper cans'...?)

Yes, this may sound silly but I love my Mom's Button cans.
I used to play with them when I was little.
You would never know what you would find inside.

Yes, there were buttons, but also so much more.
I remember I would have to be very careful
because I might run into some
loose needles, pins and even a razor blade or two.
The razor blades were used in place of
a seem ripper back in the day ;)

Let's peek inside...

OMG! Look at that old can of Max Factors Face Powder


OOH Look Inside


Yup, there's the razor blades!!
Rhinestones, buttons, a charm...
Look at those teeny tiny straight pins.


who/what is that..Mr Peanut??



WOWWW....lots of Treasure


ahhh...pretty


trims, zippers, old rhinestone trim..


did I mention lots of zippers..
with some old seam binding and Ric Rac mixed in


Yes, My Mom was ahead of her time.
She new that zippers would someday 
be used to make roses, used as trim,
and just about anything one can think of
when something is 'in'. ;)

belt buckles...


and of course,
some buttons...on cards even!


and something that was a must in my home...
snaps and hooks!


Check out those prices too!

It was such fun to discover this can.
I love how something so meaningless
to someone else can be so special to me.

Alot of you have told me you have large Treasure Piles too..
go, now! go through it! 
maybe you can find a Button Can too!

23 comments:

  1. I am so jealous - I want the goodies... ;0

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you found you Mom's button can! My Mom had a button box and I loved it as a child. I still love buttons, they have a magic about them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Deb,
    Luv those "COOL" belt buckles and buttons! HAPPY NTT!

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's always such a good feeling to get stuff organized isn't it? And to find treasures in the mix ~ bonus!!! What is it about buttons that crafty people like? My grandma had a button jar ~ now I collect buttons too! All color coordinated into different jars. So fun!

    Have a lovely day Deb!
    xo Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so cool! Congrats to you for conquering the mountain! I know it feels great to get something like that done. You should make a shadow box collage with your mom's pic and some of her treasures. Don't you love how I come here and find more work for you to do?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your treasure trove makes me smile because I have a lot of the same things in my Moms and neighbors cans. I love these trinkets.
    Blessya

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, Deb, it was well worth the fight to get to that coffee can. Gorgeous treasures!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You know I pulled out my notions the other day and found a mound of lace that surprised me. I love lace and I did not realize how much I had left over from projects. Just like you I found treasure. Love the rhinestones!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Deb, good job on the cleanup/organizing. The buttons etc. are treasures. what fun to find such fun exciting items. Great finds and memories too.
    Hugs, Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Deb! I left an award for you over at my blog. If you have had this one before or don't have time to do it (too busy organizing and having fun finding treasures!!) not to worry! I just wanted to let you know how much I enjoy your blog. You are an inspiration to me!

    Have a lovely evening Deb!
    xo Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  11. Button cans are every little girl's dream, and when you are grown up they bring such lovely memories.

    ReplyDelete
  12. OH, what amazing goodies!!Those types of finds are like digging in a treasure chest. Happy VTT!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I understand you. I have my grandmother's button box. It is very special to me.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Found treasure! Look at all those goodies.

    Oh, I love this post! My mom had a little ceramic donkey, carrying a basket and she put her buttons in it. I loved to play with it as a child.

    Happy VTT!
    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  15. ALL wonderful treasures!! My youngest daughter was my button girl.....would rather play with the button jar than any toy :)

    Blessings!
    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  16. This find would have been totally worth it! What a great treasure!
    ~Liz

    ReplyDelete
  17. My favorite thing is the old powder tin.

    ReplyDelete
  18. My husband made his Mom a decorated coffee can for her buttons when he was in 3rd grade. I have it now and have all her sewing stuff. Its 52 years old. I know how feel about old buttons.
    Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a fun find! I must admit to being partial to buttons myself. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  20. That is such a special treasure...I'm so glad you found it! :)

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  21. What fun! Great buttons and trims!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh what a wonderful treasure you found. It reminds me of my mom’s button can too. Same thing, you never knew what you would find in the can. So glad you found it again. Great memories, and awesome finds.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love for you to leave me a comment. Helps me to know I'm not totally crazy...like my family thinks I am!
*hugs*deb

.

.
Blog Widget by LinkWithin