Welcome to my
Perfectly Imperfect Life..........

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Fall in the Garden...No Really I fell in the Garden.....

Garden parties this week:

Fishtail Cottage

Tootsie Time

No I didn't get hurt...
maybe my pride....
but I was by myself so that was good.

I was tugging on a Sunflower that need to be pulled.
I'd been working at it for a bit when I gave it one big heave
and I did a Jack from Jack and Jill.
Yup, head over heels!
I won tho! LOL
 
The Tomatoes are still producing
albeit slower.


The ones on the left are Sweet 100
on the right is a Heirloom Variety called
Black Cherry.
I picked up the plants at a Plant Sale in the Spring.

Last night T and I heard a thud thud thud...
I opened up the curtains to find a Dove banging
 it's head on the patio roof. 
It just couldn't find it's way out...
the roof isn't that big but every time it got to
an edge would turn around.

One time it hit really hard and fell to the ground.
T and I went out to check it.
Poor thing was dazed.
There was no way we could just leave it sit there,
wouldn't be safe with all the neighborhood cats around at night.
T picked it up and set it in the Silk Tree (Mimosa). 


T got the camera and snapped a few shots.
It was very calm...
or maybe I should say dazed.


It stayed for a few hours then left.


It must have gotten disoriented and confused.
But all better and back with the family
♥♥♥

11 comments:

  1. Your tomatoes look delicious. I'm pleased you hurt nothing more than your pride in your fall.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful creature-loved the nite photos-glad its back safe with it's family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omg! I did the same thing Mon. nite! We were just getting ready to leave for dinner with friends when I went to lock up the geese and I stepped over the short picket fence when the toe of my sneaker caught the fence and down I went. On both knees. In the mud. Just washed my pants. Now I had to change. I could hardly walk cause my knees were KILLING me! So you're not the only one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey - hope you ARE okay from that spill. Sometimes it can show up later. And what a sweet thing to do for the dove - beautiful. sandie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your new header, so fallish. Glad you didn't get hurt and glad you saved the Dove.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, that poor dove! Sometimes we all have bad days and it looks like it was his turn! I love the look of the black cherry tomatoes. I am going to look for those for next yers garden.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a pretty dove, love the pictures, glad you were able to put it up out of harm.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awe - poor sweet thing, i'll bet it was terrified! I'm so glad it was able to escape! Your cherry tomatoes look incredible! thanks for joining Cottage Flora Thursday's this week! xoxo, tracie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Seems you and the dove both had the same problem. Just could not stay on your feet. Glad neither was hurt.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I adore ring necked doves they are so beautiful,love the night time pictures x

    ReplyDelete

I'd love for you to leave me a comment. Helps me to know I'm not totally crazy...like my family thinks I am!
*hugs*deb

.

.
Blog Widget by LinkWithin