Welcome to my
Perfectly Imperfect Life..........

Thursday, February 27, 2020

Make Your Own Seed Tape


Making your own seed tape is easy and fun!
Why buy those expensive seed tape rolls from the store when you can DIY them?

You'll need:
Toilet paper
Water
Flour
Paint Brush
Seeds

Place a Tablespoon of flour into a bowl and mix in just enough water to make a paste.  You want it to be about the consistency of pancake batter.
This is your glue.


Lay out your toilet paper on a flat surface.


Using the end of your paintbrush, dip it into the flour mixture, then dot the entire length of the toilet paper.  Be sure you're spacing the dots to match the planting distance needed for the particular plant you'll be growing. 


Wash your brush end. Next dab the end into water, and then into your seeds. This will pick up a small amount of seeds onto the end of your brush. Place those seeds onto the flour dots. Put 2 - 3 seeds per dot. 


Fold the paper in half lengthwise to enclose the seed. 


Let dry completely. 
Once dry, roll them up until you're ready to plant.


Dig a furrow 


Lay out your seed tape


Cover lightly, water lightly, sit back a relax. 

Remember to store any unused seed tape in a dry place 
until you're ready to use it.


~ Completed steps ~


31 comments:

  1. Love this idea! I recently bought a couple of sweet pea seed packets and want to try this with them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I l♥ve Sweet Peas. Mom used to always let me grow them when I was little. Their scent has such fond memories. Remember to ''nick'' the seeds with a nail file before planting (placing in seed tape) to speed sprouting. Have fun!

      Delete
  2. This is such a clever DIY project! I've definitely already thought of a few seed packets I want to try this with. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you enjoyed my post. It makes planting seeds so much easier ♥ Have fun!

      Delete
  3. great idea its getting near that time will keep this plan in mind
    come see us at http://shopannies,com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have you gotten Spring Fever yet? I sure have! Chomping at the bit!! LOL

      Delete
  4. That's a great idea! I need to pass it along to my oldest son! He was buying things to start seeds yesterday. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Visiting again to say thanks so much for linking up with me at my #UnlimitedMonthlyLinkParty 10, open March 1 to 26. All entries shared on social media if share buttons installed. I invite you to my Themed Linkup 12 for Crock Pot and Instant Pot Recipes, open February 28 to March 10 if you have any appropriate posts. Won’t you join me at my Short Story Prompt Party for fun and creativity? Open March 2 to 9. Just start typing, see what you come up with! Remember, no story is too short! The prompt is: I woke from a long nap to see…

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds good! I used to use my crock pot a lot. Had a great dessert recipe....a hunting I shall go! LOL

      Delete
  6. Great idea. Thanks for sharing at #HomeMattersParty

    ReplyDelete
  7. Reminded me of carrots seeds. I am going to try your seed tape method this year.
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG Carrot seeds are so small, makes you wonder how they grow so big! LOL This makes it much easier to keep track of them

      Delete
  8. What a cool idea!

    Thank you for linking up to Creative Compulsions!
    Michelle
    http://mybijoulifeonline.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous idea, especially for small seeds. When planting them, it is easy to lose your "place" and perhaps plant too many or not enough! Thanks for sharing this with everyone at Mosaic Monday, just in time for Spring!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hate it when they blend with the soil and you can't see them! I'd get frustrated and just start sprinkling out of the pack! LOL This makes it much easier like you said ♥

      Delete
  10. Your great idea and tutorial has been chosen by our Menaka to be featured in the next Blogger's Pit Stop :)
    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you! I was about to order seed strips. Guess what I'm going to do instead. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've never seen it done that way but I can see how it would work.
    Dawn aka Spatulas On Parade

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a wonderful tutorial! Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ♥ Thanks you so much for hosting each week. So many great posts!

      Delete
  14. I had no idea these were so easy to make! Thank you for sharing at Party In Your PJ's.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me either, until I tried it!! LOL Have a great day ♥

      Delete

I'd love for you to leave me a comment. Helps me to know I'm not totally crazy...like my family thinks I am!
*hugs*deb

.

.
Blog Widget by LinkWithin