Welcome to my
Perfectly Imperfect Life..........

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Cinnamon Apples

 
Autumn brings with it warm and inviting scents.
Apples and Cinnamon spring to mind.
What if you could have those scents in your home all the time....

You can! Here's a quick little idea.



Supplies:

faux Apples
Mod Podge
wax paper
Spice mixture
(you can use whatever spices you like. I use cinnamon, ground cloves, nutmeg, even instant coffee sometimes. You just throw whatever amount you want to use into a bowl. I like to use a plastic container so when I'm done I can pop on the lid and save for another time)

Use a brush to coat your faux Apples with the Mod Podge.



Once coated roll them in your spice mixture.



Set on wax paper and let dry, about an hour.



You can add another layer of Mod podge
followed by the spice mixture, if you'd like.
It's totally up to you. 
Just be sure to allow to dry between layers.

They're ready to display when thoroughly dry.
They look really great in wooden dough bowls


Or antique baskets

Or anywhere you'd like a yummy scent!

5 comments:

  1. Hi there! This project is great - and looks yummy too :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! Nothing beats the smell of cinnamon apples!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a clever idea! I love the smell of spices for fall. :)

    Roeshel

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful, wonderful idea!! Thanks so much for sharing it with us.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love for you to leave me a comment. Helps me to know I'm not totally crazy...like my family thinks I am!
*hugs*deb

.

.
Blog Widget by LinkWithin