Welcome to my
Perfectly Imperfect Life..........

Wednesday, May 26, 2021

Updating a Little Antique Table


This little table has been in my family for years. Mom had it before me and  
I've had it for over 40 yrs. so I know it's an oldie but goodie.
Over the years it has been used for a phone stand (anyone remember landlines with cords?), a bathroom table for the necessities, an end table, nightstand, 
you name it, it was used for it!  

The bare wood was stained and worn. All the supports had become loose. 
It was time for a change. 


I glued the supports back in their holes


Used rubber bands to hold them tight while the glued dried.


The top sections were loose also.
Glued and weighted them down with an old coffee can of Prisms while it dried.


Glued and sturdy once again.


I painted it with white chalk paint to brighten up.


I'm trying to incorporate turquoise into my home decor.
This was the opportunity to do that.


 Once I removed most of the turquoise paint from my brush, 


I dry brushed the turquoise, over the white chalk paint.
Easy peasy. I love how it turned out, with the white showing through. 
Sometimes you just wanted to add a dash of color and not the whole piece being a solid color.


Finished displaying my String of Pearls on the patio.
It has since been moved inside to my bedroom and is serving a stand for my Salt Lamp.


16 comments:

  1. Great job! I love this table.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it . I'm a big fan of the dry brush. It changes everything in seconds.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely makeover for your little table! Thank you for sharing at Party In Your PJ's - you are being featured Tuesday evening on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! And thank you for the feature ♥

      Delete
  4. I love versatile little pieces like this and your upcycle is lovely! Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too - I have a 'thing'' for little tables! LOL

      Delete
  5. You did a great job on your little table!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great makeover, the colours are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ♥ I am hung up on this color! Do you ever get hooked on a color too?

      Delete
  7. What a sweet little table! I love the decorative supports. Glad you were able to give it new life with a bit of glue and paint! Here's to another 40 years of usefulness :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have a question about dry brushing paint. I'm not familiar with this?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for asking Unknown,
      Dry brushing is a painting technique that adds however much of a different color you'd like. You add your paint to your paint brush and wipe most of it off, like I showed in my post, Once your brush is "dry" you paint your piece. If you'd like more color repeat - you can always add more color but can't remove if you add more than you'd like. It's easier to start out light then layer a little more on at a time until you reach your desired goal. No rules, you dry brush to your liking ♥

      Delete

I'd love for you to leave me a comment. Helps me to know I'm not totally crazy...like my family thinks I am!
*hugs*deb

.

.
Blog Widget by LinkWithin