Welcome to my
Perfectly Imperfect Life..........

Sunday, September 6, 2020

No Leg Table Gets New Home


This little table lost it's legs many years ago. It fit perfectly for a bedside table in my bedroom.  I didn't want to get rid of it so in a quick repair mode I bolted an old book where the legs were. Hey, it worked out really great, if I say so myself!  It lasted about 10 yrs. like that and would still be there if I hadn't come across a replacement in my Treasure Pile.

I still didn't want to toss it.
There was something about it I loved.
I had an idea...yes, yes, I know - dangerous!


I decided to try and make a table for the deck with it.
I dug around and found a nice size planter. Wasn't crazy about the color and the table need a paint job too. 


I chose Krylon Hyacinth for the table and Rust-oleum Modern Mint for the planter from my spray paints.


The planter received 2 coats of paint


Next was the table.  Yes, the book stayed attached, the table would fall over without it and I didn't feel like try to take it off.  It was stuck on there pretty good.


The table received 3 coats of paint.


Once both pieces were dry, I married them together. The table fit perfectly in the planter. I placed big pieces of Styrofoam around the base to stabilize it.


Placing a level on the table top to be sure it stayed level.


Added a few rocks to help keep the table in place


Filled it with a combination of potting soil and succulent soil.
Planted some succulents and Portulaca I picked up at a fund raiser for a local rescue.


I happened to find a plant roller in my stash and painted it to match the planter. I can roll it anywhere I may need a small table.

Really happy with the way this tuned out.

More projects here

9 comments:

  1. What a cool idea! Love it! Teresa from NanaHood

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun idea!
    www.chezmireillefashiontravelmom.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea! That portulaca will be so pretty when it blooms in there!

    Tania

    ReplyDelete
  4. So great that the initial repair lasted so long! Your new outdoor table looks lovely! Very clever. Thanks for sharing with Creative Compulsions.

    Michelle
    https://mybijoulifeonline.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute idea! Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love for you to leave me a comment. Helps me to know I'm not totally crazy...like my family thinks I am!
*hugs*deb

.

.
Blog Widget by LinkWithin