Welcome to my
Perfectly Imperfect Life..........

Tuesday, July 2, 2019

International Drop a Rock Day and Scatter Kindness ~ #sktrkndns ~ WW

The 4th year of International Drop a Rock Day, an original idea by the Word Rocks Project to bring people all around the globe together.

On July 3rd 2019, people from all over the world, many of whom belong to rock painting groups, will paint and hide rocks for others to find.

What’s special about the rocks hidden on International Drop a Rock Day is that they all have the same message. The theme this year is “Harmony.” Harmony is the ability to be in peace with others.

The purpose of painting and hiding a “Harmony” rock is to remind others that we can work together to create a better future. By sharing a simple message – harmony – you have the opportunity to be a positive influence in someone’s life.

Finding a painted rock by chance might just be the reminder that lifts the finder’s spirits and increases their joy. A simple act of kindness can make a powerful impact.

Happy rock painting, hiding and possibly finding!


Hidden 😊

.


Hidden 😏

. 

Found by Ingrid T.C.
on May 9, 2019


''Found this gem while tying purple ribbons for 
Relay For Life Tracy-Mountain House 
Paint the Town Purple! #sktrkndns''

. 

Found by Andrea M. C.
on May 17, 2019



''Found this outside our Allergists #sktrkndns''

.

Found by Sherry A.
on May 31, 2019


''Found this rock near the Turlock surgery center''

.





A branch of The Kindness Rock Project

4 comments:

  1. What a lovely idea! It's true – sharing a simple message can have a positive influence on someone’s life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true! And it's such a good feeling you get hoping someone gets your message and it touches them ♥ We all need to be so much kinder to each other

      Delete
  2. Thank you for the reminder. I did not realize there was a special day for this. I have been working on some so I will be sure to leave out somewhere today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't heard about this day either until this year. So I jumped on! Wish I would have heard sooner so I had more time. But at least I got a few to drop. Thanks for joining! Kindness Rocks♥

      Delete

I'd love for you to leave me a comment. Helps me to know I'm not totally crazy...like my family thinks I am!
*hugs*deb

.

.
Blog Widget by LinkWithin