Welcome to my
Perfectly Imperfect Life..........

Tuesday, September 9, 2014

NATIONAL TEDDY BEAR DAY!!

 
 
September 9 celebrates National Teddy Bear Day.  We have all had a special cuddly teddy as a child.  Some of us still have our teddy bear from our childhood.  Whether or not you still have your childhood teddy, today is the perfect day to celebrate your childhood friend!

The teddy bear, which is celebrated in story, song and film and is an iconic children’s toy, was created simultaneously by toymakers Morris Michtom in the United States and Richard Steiff in Germany in the early 20th century.  The bear was named after President Theodore “Teddy” Roosevelt, Jr.

Teddy bears are one of the most popular gifts for children.
Teddy bears Signify love, congratulations or sympathy when given to adults.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for finally writing about > "NATIONAL TEDDY BEAR DAY!!"
    < Loved it!

    Visit my page ... this domain ()

    ReplyDelete

I'd love for you to leave me a comment. Helps me to know I'm not totally crazy...like my family thinks I am!
*hugs*deb

.

.
Blog Widget by LinkWithin