Welcome to my
Perfectly Imperfect Life..........

Sunday, January 12, 2014

Shabby Cottage Corner


This blank corner wall has been bugging me for a while now. I wasn't sure what I was going to put there to bring the level up to be close to the other side. It made Katie depressed too.


A few months ago I was playing around and ended up making kind of a free form Dream Catcher using a hanger as the base. I went outside and found a neat stick that I added diagonally.


Torn fabrics, yarn and ribbons coordinate in the same pastels.
Yeh, since we aren't receiving any rain I think I'm getting Spring Fever ;)


A few feathers from my sister's chickens were added here and 
there to add to the movement too.


I brought in my old vintage Screen Door from the farm and sandwiched part of it between the entertainment center and the wall.


I then hung the Dream Catcher on it.
The length stops right above my Grandmothers old bell I have under the cloche I made by turning a glass upside down and adding a marble to the top for the handle.  You can see an old photo I have of  a relatives farm that used to be here in the town I live in.


I hadn't realized how good it went with 
my Stained Glass Floor Lamp.


I like the way it turned out and can't wait until it warms up so I can open the window next to it and see it blow in the breeze.
Cost $0, I had or repurposed what I had.Yippee!


Yes, that is part of our Christmas Tree on the left of the photo.....it is finally down and put away! 







3 comments:

  1. Hi Deb!
    Happy New Year too!
    Love you dream catcher and it fills the space so nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Deb, I just love your dream catcher and it looks so good in that space. Really brings out the color in the lamp too. Gorgeous. You have inspired me to create some that I have been thinking of doing. Thank you for that and for stopping by and your kind comment.
    Have a great week. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a charming dream catcher! Thanks for linking to TTF!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love for you to leave me a comment. Helps me to know I'm not totally crazy...like my family thinks I am!
*hugs*deb

.

.
Blog Widget by LinkWithin