Welcome to my
Perfectly Imperfect Life..........

Thursday, July 11, 2013

Gardens Gone Wild!

We are still breaking records with the heat.
Temps have been over 105 during the day
and if we're lucky high 80's at night.
Needless to say, I run out and turn the soakers
and/or sprinklers on and that's about it!
Unfortunately, I haven't pruned anything or
worked in the garden in quite awhile.
Therefore everything is way over grown!!
You can't walk any of the paths without
being grabbed by a plant!
So here it is, my gardens at their worst

The gazebo is somewhere under there on the right



Entrance to the gazebo...under the out of control Cecil Brunner.

Really, it's under there somewhere!

I guess I should be happy they are enjoying the heat :|


 The Cherry Plum and wild Roses
desperately need to be cut back

 I keep hitting my head on it's long fruit laden branch.
Yes, I need to pick them!
Those wild green branches belong to my Lady Banks Rose.
It's reaching out and touching anyone!

The neighbors Weeping Willow it just about
touching the ground in the Tortoise pen.
I really need to whack it back!

The path for The Fairy Walk is in there somewhere
Lady Banks and my purple Trumpet Vine
have met and started a relationship!


 Both Cherry Plums are also getting involved!
So far the bench has escaped...well, almost.
The Carpet Roses are growing over the back.
You may end up with thorn in your back if you sit there.
 

My Parakeets are all pretty old,
unfortunately the heat got to one
and it didn't make it.
The Honeysuckle next to my aviary
needs to get under control


 as does this one near the deck.
So there you have it, in the raw.
My wild, out of control garden!
When it cools down I am going
 to be very, very busy!



3 comments:

  1. It's no fun gardening in the heat. We've had some hot weather here too (Ontario), but it's more the humidity making it "feel like" 40C. I still go outside, but break out in a sweat just deadheading flowers. Your garden looks like a very healthy and thriving spot, and I'm sure you'll enjoy being out there again once the heat dissipates ... I hope that it comes soon for you. Wendy (followed you over from Fishtail Cottage)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is looking lush and lovely!! Mine is the same in this miserable heat and high humidity and it will be worse next week!!! I can't go out for any length of time, so garden work will wait!! hugs...cleo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Deb, 105? Oh, wow. I would be inside, hugging the air conditioner too. This is way too hot for me. Your garden is doing great though despite the terrible temperatures. Look at how lush everything is! I hope it cools down some for you, we're supposed to be back in the higher humidity this weekend, too, unfortunately. I sure don't want to garden when it's muggy.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love for you to leave me a comment. Helps me to know I'm not totally crazy...like my family thinks I am!
*hugs*deb

.

.
Blog Widget by LinkWithin