Welcome to my
Perfectly Imperfect Life..........

Thursday, May 19, 2011

What's up with the Weather?

I'm joining:

Fishtail Cottage

Tootsie Time

Last Sunday we had a horrible Hail Storm!

It started out not too bad...
(ignore all the boxes on my deck)


mild splashing in the pond....


then it started to pick up....


continuing to get harder.....


and harder....


even harder...


and then it was like the sky exploded!


The hail was hitting the water so hard


it was like a child splashing in a pool!
 

It covered the street


and sidewalk.


Now mind you, we are usually in the
low 80's this time of year.


The Keets were chirping up a storm,
of course, you could really hear them over the hail.


By the time it was done


it left the Water Lily leaves looking like
lace from all the holes it  made.


Needless to say,
most of the fruit on my trees was knocked off,
my Tomatoes are in shock,
and everything else looks so beat up.
Sorry, no photos of pretty plants this week :(


We are still below normal with temps
and have rain off and on.
So totally crazy weather.
:`(

9 comments:

  1. I am so sorry about your hail storm! It looks like it was pretty strong and to lose your fruit makes me want to cry! We had a hailstorm a couple o fyears ago and all the hosta's had bulet like holes through them all summer - very sad - good luck this week with all of this! Paula from Idaho
    http://bucketideasforgardening.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about the hail destroying some of your fruits. You took really nice pictures to share though. It feels like we were there too...Christine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Wow! We just want a little rain around here. Love your walkway!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is quite the hail storm! Amazing how much damage that can be done in one hail storm...hope your plants recover! Jenni

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you had snow,I hope your roof was not damaged, I live in the south and the last hail storm we had there was roof damage.

    I like your garden, would like to see photos after hail storm.

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  6. We had hail and tornados here a few weeks ago. It is weird weather.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much for linking up to Cottage Flora Thursday's - so interesting to learn what is going on "in real life" all over the world in our gardens....hopefully - it will perk back up? xoxo, tracie

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is crazy and scary! Anytime there was hail when I was growing up meant a tornado must be pretty close. I'm glad you are ok. The devastating storms across the country are terrible.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love for you to leave me a comment. Helps me to know I'm not totally crazy...like my family thinks I am!
*hugs*deb

.

.
Blog Widget by LinkWithin