Welcome to my
Perfectly Imperfect Life..........

Friday, March 5, 2010

Fertilizer Friday! 3/5/10


Yes, once again it's Fertilizer Friday over at Tootsie Time!
Spring is almost here,
 so be sure to check out everyone's happenings.

It was gorgeous a few days ago. Sunny and 65*.
My daughter, Melissa and I were stuck in the car
doing errands on the west side.
Little did we know at the time what absolutely
beautiful sights we would see.

Along the back roads to Turlock,
all the Almond Orchards were in full bloom.

 




The only thing bad about this is that the Bees
have been placed in the orchards for pollinating.
 With the warm temperature they were out doing what Bees do best.
There's no way to avoid hitting them.
Pop, pop, pop as they hit the windshield.
It makes me feel sooo sad.


We ended up on 99 south towards Merced.
 The shoulders of the freeway were painted in orange and purple.
California Poppies and Wildflowers are in full glory!
Breathtaking!

Hwy 99 south between Turlock and Atwater CA

 





More Almonds


Fruit Trees and Rosemary



Wishing Spring is close to you too ☺
Have a great weekend! 

And yes, I do take pictures while driving..
I know, bad me!

15 comments:

  1. Oh, Deb, your posts make me miss California! When I was in my 20s, I lived in Saratoga in a little cottage behind an apricot orchard! Heavenly!
    Enjoy the beatiful weather - it is getting warmer here to - into the 40s!!! :)
    Hugs,
    Zuzu

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Deb! What beautiful sights you two saw that day. It would just put me in heaven to drive around with my Diet Coke and see all of that. I've never seen an almond tree. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Deb - Your trees look like spring is right around the corner! I LOVE IT!
    Happy Fertilize Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. enjoying your postings that I've seen thus far... looking forward to more exploring on your blog! LC

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow, i love all the blooming trees in turlock it must be pretty seeing all the fruit trees blooming now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Deb, Thanks for stopping by and visiting me. It's so nice to see someplace where things are in bloom.Everything has been so drab here for MONTHS!! The Almond trees remind me of the Cherry trees when in bloom.Have a great day!! oh and...... be careful driving ! smile

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for taking me on your tour too. Enjoyed yr photos. Have a wonderful weekend, Ev

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your pictures are just what I needed today. They were so pretty and I really want to say thank you for sharing, I would love the 65 degree temperature, but we did get to 52 degrees today. Have a wonderful weekend. Your Missouri Friend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your captures are great to see, as I don't get to see this type of view often.

    ReplyDelete
  10. California - what a beautiful place to be. I say that with such envy as I look out at our snow laden landscape. Can't wait for the temps to get above 50, well 40 even! I will get a little spring fever as I plant my seeds in the greenhouse tomorrow. Thanks for sharing your beautiful photos.

    ReplyDelete
  11. awesome post!!! love the photos of all the blooms...sad about the bees...they are so valuable anymore...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my goodness we still have snow here :(

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Deb
    Thanks for the sights of spring. I'm vacationing in Florida right now where buds are starting to break on a few trees and it's better than the snow at home.
    Yes, you are bad taking photos while driving, please be careful.
    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, that is just beautiful! We live around apple and peach orchards and I always love it when they're in bloom.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What WONDERFUL outdoor views of flowering trees and fields of colorful blossoms! Thanks so much for sharing.
    Hugs and blessings,

    ReplyDelete

I'd love for you to leave me a comment. Helps me to know I'm not totally crazy...like my family thinks I am!
*hugs*deb

.

.
Blog Widget by LinkWithin