Welcome to my
Perfectly Imperfect Life..........

Saturday, December 20, 2014

Food Should Taste Good™ Tortilla Chip Review

After a long day at several Doctor appointments we arrived home about dinner time to find a box that read "Food Should Taste Good" at the front door.
Opened it right away and found out that we had been CHIPPED! LOL
Inside were 4 bags of different flavored Tortilla Chips from
 The kids opened all the bags to taste these 'healthy' chips.
We received White Cheddar, Olive, Guacamole, and Jalapeno.
 
We were all a bit skeptical,
usually healthy doesn't translate to tasty.
BUT these were so good!
And they are good for you!
Thicker than a regular tortilla chip,
one could call them crackers ~
or Chip Crackers or Cracker Chips,
Oh who cares, we call them delish!
Notable features include: All Natural, Certified Gluten Free, Certified Vegan, Certified Kosher, Cholesterol Free, No MSG,  No GMO, 0g Trans Fat, No Artificial Flavors or Preservatives and made with Whole Grains.
 The White Cheddar is made with White Cheddar Cheese, Brown Rice, Flax, Sesame and Sunflower Seeds and even Quinoa!
 This fun hexagon shaped chip is mild tasting.
I quickly saw dinner in the making!
I grabbed some cottage cheese from the fridge, added some mild herbs and we had a healthy dip that went well with the White Cheddar.
The round Olive is made with Green, Kalamata and Nicoise Olives, Garlic and Sea Salt. A slight flavor of green olives mixes with a hint of garlic to make these intriguing. Not overpowering but you are aware it's there. I paired these up with a garlic herb soft cheese I had in the fridge. YUM!
 

The Wedge shaped Jalapeno is made with Jalapeno Peppers and Crushed Red Pepper. I was nervous to try this one since I'm not fond of real spicy foods. But they weren't that bad, I could eat them plain and get just a slight after burn. Had a hint of a fresh garden tomato.  Grabbed the Salsa for these.
The Guacamole wedge is made with Cilantro, Avocado and Serrano Peppers. As soon as you place these in your mouth you taste the Cilantro then the Avocado slides in after. The kids liked these with the Salsa too.
Each of these healthy chips are fab in their own right, I just added different 'healthy' dips to make a dinner out of them. ;)

It was great timing, I was tired and didn't feel the least like making dinner.
You can find Food Should Taste Good on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest. Their sites are loaded with hearty recipes, chip pairings, dip recipes and more! Who new you could pair different beers with the correct chip? Following them is a great way to keep abreast of their new products too!

I'm sure you find some new recipes to try during the Holidays.
What comes to mind on how to use these flavorful chips after reading about them?
Remember New Years is right around the corner! 
If you like to try new recipes, sweepstakes, and other fun stuff, make sure to sign up for their newsletter (don’t worry; they won’t fill your inbox with junk).
Disclosure: I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free from Food Should Taste Good in exchange for a product review. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. However, all the opinions expressed here are my own. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love for you to leave me a comment. Helps me to know I'm not totally crazy...like my family thinks I am!
*hugs*deb

.

.
Blog Widget by LinkWithin