Welcome to my
Perfectly Imperfect Life..........

Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Yard Clean Up

Every morning I go out and work in the garden, a bit at a time.
I'm doing a major clean and prune.


Clearing out a lot of dead wood (yep, still removing dead wood ;) )from the Roses and other plants.

Pruning and raking, pruning and raking.......


I don't have any before photos, but let me tell you between the ones growing up and the others growing down, it was like a jungle. similar to this!

Here's my pile thus far for pick up come November. Yes, they only pick up yard waste from November to February...grrr


It gets a little taller and wider each day.
This is from only a portion of the backyard.
I have more sections to still clean up and
we  need to chainsaw the bigger limbs.



Then comes the front yard clean up!

We were lucky to get a bit of rain the other day and it felt SO good.
Even the plants were smiling!
I have lost some to the drought but the well established plants are doing fine - so far.


My Lilacs are really suffering. They have lost all their leaves but one decided it was going to rebloom anyway! So I plucked the sweet smelling flowers and made a little puny bouquet


The two inside the conservatory are dried Roses I happened to put together over the Summer. They reside in little cobalt blue jars.


1 comment:

  1. Oh, I know how you feel! We have done pretty well keeping the front yard up.... the back, not so much. With all the rain that we have had, the yard has just gone crazy! :)
    Thank you for sharing for Fresh-Cut Friday! :)
    ~Liz

    ReplyDelete

I'd love for you to leave me a comment. Helps me to know I'm not totally crazy...like my family thinks I am!
*hugs*deb

.

.
Blog Widget by LinkWithin