Welcome to my
Perfectly Imperfect Life..........

Thursday, July 18, 2013

The Fairy Walk

This is something I've been working on for a couple years...
yes I'm slow at times to finish a project, but eventually I will!
The sign was an old wood arrow I found at the farm,
let's see, probably about 3-4 yrs. ago.
I knew what I wanted to do with it,
it just took time ;)

 This path is actually the one that leads to
the Tortoise's Summer pen.
But since it's the most shaded area I have, I
knew I wanted my Fairy Gardens there.
 All along this path there are hints of Fairyland here and there.
I made this Fairy Door out of scrap wood, added a tiny hinge, door knob, and a key shaped hole ''peep hole''.
An old brass footing I found at a sale years ago finally found a home on the peak of the roof.
A large ceramic Fairy stands along the side of the walk.

A cracked birdbath becomes a mini Fairy Garden.
The metal mesh arch was removed from
one of my Halloween projects
and made for a grand Sedum covered Arbor.
A Gnome guards the entrance,
while the Fairies frolic.
A ladder made from Willow branches
helps the Fairies up into their birdhouse home.
A crackle globe from a broken garden light
 adds mystique as a ''crystal ball''.
The flat marble pathway are leftovers from B&T's Wedding.
The ''beach'' is also sand leftover from the Wedding.
The ''furniture'' comes from a Birthday cake
that was given to Cody and I. 
A little rabbit from an Easter long passed, works the garden.
One of the Fairies sit by the ''pool'',
while another naps under a couple of ''toadstools''
 I made from old bowls and vases.

Yes, I know I've mixed quite a few different groups here:
Gnomes, Fairies, and a crystal ball?

Well, that's just the way I like it.
It shows we all can coexist and be happy

Happy Gardening!!

3 comments:

  1. How sweet Deb! That arrow turned so awesome. Saving your pic of the fairy garden to show my granddaughters. They want to plant one so badly:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Deb, I love the Fairy Garden! It' so cute. What a great sign you found, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Saw you on Fishtail Cottage Party. So cute fairy garden. I have one too. Aren't they fun?

    ReplyDelete

I'd love for you to leave me a comment. Helps me to know I'm not totally crazy...like my family thinks I am!
*hugs*deb

.

.
Blog Widget by LinkWithin