Welcome to my
Perfectly Imperfect Life..........

Friday, November 9, 2012

Let the Baking Season Begin!


 
My first baby's birthday is Nov. 10.
 
 
What happened to October?
 And Thanksgiving is a couple weeks away!
The pressure is on! 
 

Each year I make Russian Teacakes,
his favorite cookie (my sister's and I's too), for him.
This also kicks off our Holiday Baking Season.
 
I always pull out the recipe in my Mom's handwriting.
Even though she's gone now it makes me feel closer to her.
 
 
 

Russian Tea Cake Cookie Recipe
 
Gather ingredients:
 
 
1 cup butter
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 1/4 cups flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup finely chopped walnuts
 
 
The Ultimate Chopper in the photo has got to be hands down my favorite appliance. No more chopping nuts by hand or using the little nut grinder and turning the handle round and round. Best of all it was free! My neighbor had thrown it out. I snagged it and low and behold it work like a dream. I gave it a thorough cleaning and use it so much.
This is after just a few taps of the button!
It's awesome!.
 
 
I always use her measuring cup too.
(Yes, there are a lot of us here in blog land that have the same canister set! LOL)

 
Mix all well.
I don't know what I would do with my Kitchen Aid Mixer. With 2 torn rotator cuffs it makes mixing much less painful :)
 
Chill dough. I usually make the dough the night before and let it chill over night. Then it's all ready whenever I am.
 
  Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Place on ungreased cookie sheet (cookies do not spread). Bake at 400 degrees til set, but not brown, about 10-12 minutes. Roll warm tea cakes in powdered sugar. Cool. Roll in powdered sugar again. Makes about 4 dozen tea cakes.


 
 Enjoy!
 

He has also requested Stuffed Rolls
for dinner.
 
 
He and T will be here to celebrate on Sunday.
So today I got the Russian Teacakes and Stuffed Rolls done, tomorrow...his cake and some Banana Bread.
 
When pressed for time, we sure can accomplish a lot!
 



1 comment:

I'd love for you to leave me a comment. Helps me to know I'm not totally crazy...like my family thinks I am!
*hugs*deb

.

.
Blog Widget by LinkWithin