Welcome to my
Perfectly Imperfect Life..........

Monday, December 19, 2011

One of a Kind Organization

 As those of you who follow me know
I'm revamping my bedroom into a bed/craft room.
It's a slow process but I'm enjoying it.

Being of the new frugal movement, I am using what I have.

The women of the Great Depression in the 1930’s knew frugality.
 One of their battle cries was
“Use it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without.”
This have become my motto

This gives me the opportunity to dig through my Treasure Pile
and use my imagination.

One tool I use all the time is my hot glue gun.
It had to be some where easily accessible with glue sticks at the ready.

I found some of our old feeders we used for the rabbits.

 These two received the dry brush treatment in white.

The first one was the right size for glue my glue sticks.
I hung it on the wall by my worktable. 


After emptying all my bags into the feeder,
 there was still room left in the top for my glue gun ♥♥


This bigger one holds some larger items;
ruler, hammer, my small paper cutter, regular and extra large tweezers,
toothpicks, and some decorative cutting scissors.
So nice to have these at the ready.


This round feeder I painted and added some decals to a few years ago.
It holds my assortment of paint brushes in the center
and beading pliers, hole punch and a few other things
around the bottom.


These are all Handy Dandy and
very nostalgic to me.

♥♥♥♥


3 comments:

  1. That expression has endured through the years and is still (even more so) appropriate for today!
    Love the round feeder with the roses!
    (popping in from Knick of Time)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know all to well about the depression times. I like the way you tied it all into your post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic organization tools. I love all the shabbiness of it all!! Happy VTT

    ReplyDelete

I'd love for you to leave me a comment. Helps me to know I'm not totally crazy...like my family thinks I am!
*hugs*deb

.

.
Blog Widget by LinkWithin