Welcome to my
Perfectly Imperfect Life..........

Sunday, July 25, 2010

Sopas

I hadn't made Sopas in a long time so I did the other day.

Thought I'd share the recipe with you.

Place in Spice Bag or make Cheesecloth bundle:
 3/4 can Pickling Spice
5 Bay Leaves 


1 can Tomato Sauce
1 Onion, chopped
4 cloves Garlic, chopped
Salt to taste
1/2 cup Dry Wine (Burgandy)
3 lbs. Stew Meat

Cook meat and save liquid.
Place all ingredients, except mint, into large pot.
Cover with water.
Cook 2-3 hours till done.

You can see my recipe had been used many, many times ;)


Add the tied bunch of mint and simmer 15 mins. more.


Remove spice bag and Mint.
Toss.

Serve over sliced French Bread.

Sorry for the bad photo.
I forgot to take a photo of it plated
 so had to grab an old one.


Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. You say that like being crazy's a BAD thing Deb! lol Your recipe looks delish, and I'm snagging it. I'll let you know how it turns out. :) Thanks for sharing! xoxo Andy

    ReplyDelete

I'd love for you to leave me a comment. Helps me to know I'm not totally crazy...like my family thinks I am!
*hugs*deb

.

.
Blog Widget by LinkWithin