Welcome to my
Perfectly Imperfect Life..........

.

.

Sunday, April 18, 2010

Frogs, Eyeglasses and Treasure

I'm linking to these wonderful ladies partys..
be sure to stop in and visit other participants!

Vintage Alphabet Party at Etsy Cottage Style
Mosaic Monday at Little Red House
Today's Thrifty Treasures at Southern Hospitality
  
2nd Time Around Tuesday at A Picture is Worth 1,000 Words
  
Nifty Thrifty Tuesday at Coastal Charm
Vintage Thingie Thursday at Coloradolady

For the month of April,
ECS Vintage Alphabet Party if for the letters E and F.
For E I chose Eyeglasses.

I have several pairs that were from my Grandmother
and possibly my Grandfather, not sure.


The little round ones seem so delicate
They look like the glasses my Grandfather 

is wearing in a picture I have of him, my Grandmother,
my Uncles and my Mom.

The bottom center glasses are the style
remember my Grandmother wearing
while I was growing up.

For the letter F I picked Frogs.

I think the reason I'm so intrigued with them
 is because when I was little
I just couldn't figure them out.
They just didn't look like frogs to me!

These were my Mother's.

I know she had others
just not sure where they went.



These I've picked up here and there.
I especially love the pink one,
I'm partial to the glass kind.

XOXOXOXOXO

I had a busy weekend this past weekend
 so was only able to hit one yard sale,
and it was just an OK one.
I did manage to find something ;)

Fell in love with the color of this plate. ($1)
It's by Oneida China.
Heavy and good size.
The cute little Silverplate Shakers ($1) 
will make there way to my store.


They even had a few plants.
Nice and healthy. ($2 each)
I grabbed this pretty pink Columbine
and this other plant, don't know the name of it...
the people were Hispanic and
was all I could do to understand the price :(
It has pretty blue daisy like flowers with thin strap like leaves.
The flowers were open yesterday but closed overnight.

Ah and I can't forget this cute sign,
a little pricey at $3, but it was soo cute
and I knew just where to put it ;)

Wishing everyone a beautiful Springtime Week!!
Blog Widget by LinkWithin