Welcome to my
Perfectly Imperfect Life..........

Thursday, July 29, 2021

Mashed Cauliflower Potatoes


Here's an awesome low-fat, low-carb substitute for mashed potatoes. 
My whole family loved these....and that's a feat in and of itself!


What you'll need:

1 1/2 pounds Cauliflower Florets
1/4 cup and 2 Tablespoons Mashed Potato Flakes
1/4 cup and 2 Tablespoons low-fat Milk  ( I used non-fat Milk)
2 Tablespoons and 2 1/2 teaspoons Margarine
Salt and Black Pepper - to taste

Place a steamer insert into a pot and fill with water to just below the bottom of the steamer. Bring water to a boil. Add Cauliflower, cover and steam until tender, approx. 20 minutes. Transfer Cauliflower to a large bowl. Add Mashed Potato Flakes, Milk, and Margarine. Mash with a potato masher until Cauliflower mixture is fluffy, Season with salt and pepper.  Serve as desired.  Serves 6.

 

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing at the What's for Dinner party. Hope your week is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, thank you for hosting! Wishing you an awesome week too ♥

      Delete
  2. Hello from Kansas. The cauliflower mashed potatoes sound wonderful.
    Blessings,
    d

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Deanna from Kansas! Thank you ♥ A great way to sneak in some veggies! :)

      Delete
  3. These sounds really nice and also healthier than just using potatoes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, they are pretty tasty. Love puling one over on my kids that won't eat veggies! ;)

      Delete

I'd love for you to leave me a comment. Helps me to know I'm not totally crazy...like my family thinks I am!
*hugs*deb

.

.
Blog Widget by LinkWithin