Welcome to my
Perfectly Imperfect Life..........

Wednesday, July 1, 2020

What to plant in July & August?


IT'S TIME TO START THINKING ABOUT THE NEXT PLANTING SEASON!


Summer is here but will soon be over!  
Regardless of where you live, 
there are a few crops you can count on to withstand cooler temps, 
frost, and even sometimes snow. 
Having a thriving vegetable garden doesn't have to end when summer does. 
With a little bit of planning, and preparation you can grow vegetables well into the winter months or even year round if you live in a warmer climate down south. Vegetables you can plant now will only become sweeter and more delicious if they go through a frost!



Grow a Fall/Winter Harvest 


When a frost comes into contact with a lot of these cool-season vegetables
they naturally react to the cold and produce extra sugars which can 
make some of the more bitter tasting vegetables taste rather sweet. 
Prepare NOW to have the garden you've always wanted during Fall/Winter! 
With these crops, put the fear of your plants being damaged or 
destroyed aside. When Winter weather rolls around, 
these vegetables will grow well and actually THRIVE!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love for you to leave me a comment. Helps me to know I'm not totally crazy...like my family thinks I am!
*hugs*deb

.

.
Blog Widget by LinkWithin