Welcome to my
Perfectly Imperfect Life..........

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Fundraising Plant Sale

I'm joining:

fishtailcottage for Cottage Flora Thursday

tootsietime for Fertilizer Friday

rosevignettes for Fresh Cut Friday

Last Saturday the Gustine Historical Society had a plant sale to raise funds to keep the Gustine Museum going.

So Tanya and I headed out in support 

We both got a container of Berginia.
My Mother always called the Poor Mans Orchid.


And a mixture of others.


There were 3 different kinds of Heirloom Tomatoes.
I took one of each...
the only one I can remember the name of is
Black Cherry Tomatoes.
I've since planted them and they are doing well.
I also picked up an Armenian Cucumber - Yum!
White Oxalis, never seen white before,
I love the pink and have it several places.
Some bulbs that I were told have white bell flowers.
Queens Tears, I used to have some from my Grandmother
 but they passed a few years ago.
I chose an assortment of succulents to put
into a Strawberry Pot I have inherited.


Tanya is trying to beautify a garden area in her patio.
She picked up Calla Lillies, a zonal Geranium
and a Martha Washington Geranium.
Valerian and purple Alyssum round her catch out.


It was fun. In the years past is was much larger,
but I think the ladies who run it are getting a little older...
but they are always as sweet as can be.

xoxoxoxoxo

My fresh cut flowers are going to actually be a plant this month.
An early Mother's Day gift of
Lily Rubrum


It smells amazing!
Thanks Melissa


Wishing all a Happy Mother's Day Weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Oh those lilies are gorgeous. I bet they make your whole home smell so pretty! It looks like you got some wonderful deals at the plant sale. I have never heard of Poor Man's Orchid... I would love to see a bloom! :)

    Thank you so much for linking up to Fresh-Cut Friday!!! I really appreciate it! :)

    ~Liz

    ~Liz

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love supporting the fund raisers! Your lily is very pretty-Happy Mother's Day:@)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love for you to leave me a comment. Helps me to know I'm not totally crazy...like my family thinks I am!
*hugs*deb

.

.
Blog Widget by LinkWithin