Welcome to my
Perfectly Imperfect Life..........

.

.

Tuesday, April 1, 2014

I Wish I Could Paint!

Paint as in paint a sign, picture or anything like that!
I can paint walls but that's about it
Yes I've tried taking classes, but I'm too impatient. I just want to paint! Not practice!
Yes stupid *rolling eyes*

So I have to come up with other ways to make what's in my head! LOL

I wanted to make a sign for the front of the house,
like a 'Welcome' sign.

 I searched on line for a similar image of what I had rolling around in my head.
When I found it I printed it out to the size I wanted.
Yes, this IS cheating

You'll have to take my word for it because I forgot to take a photo.
  I painted the board the color I wanted.....yes I can paint boards too!
I distressed the board.
Note: distressing the board is a good way to de-stress yourself too.
I drilled holes on each side near the top for wire to hang in by.

I hand tore the image so it would have uneven edges.
I then decoupaged the image onto the board with outdoor Mod Podge giving it several top coats allowing it to dry in between. 

I added wire making curlies for a little more charm in the front.

I hung it on a chair I placed by the front door as shown here and mentioned here


Til next time,
have fun!



Blog Widget by LinkWithin