Welcome to my
Perfectly Imperfect Life..........

Saturday, May 28, 2011

The Most UNWANTED Shower EVER!!!


I woke up this morning to the Mockingbirds singing, even their baby was screeching out a few notes.

All was right with the world.

I thought how great it would be to scramble up some eggs, grab a glass of juice and sit in the gazebo with my new Country Living.


But before I could indulge myself in such pleasures I needed to do chores.
I gave the dogs and cats their daily medications
and proceeded outside to feed the dogs.
Once done, I looked up to see the pond needed filling
 
and that the potted plants needed a drink too.
As I turned on the spigot out of the corner of my eye I saw a group of plants near the back fence that didn't look as good as they should.
Realizing the neighbors Weeping Willow

had grown to block their sun I decided it needed pruning.
I dug out my loppers and went to town.
Yes, of course, I fell a couple of times skinning my legs
 (won't they look lovely for the wedding?)
But that didn't deter me.
I've fought with this Willow many a times before
and it wasn't going to get the best of me yet.

I climbed into the Tortoise's area to get a better angle.
I was hacking and chopping and stretching and reaching, and yes, probably grunting when I heard a noise coming from the fence behind me.
I figured it was my other neighbor and carried on.
All of a sudden I felt sprinkling.
 I thought he had set up a sprinkler
and it was coming over the fence.
Then it hit me...it was warm.

I looked up and there from on top of the fence,
was a stray cat staring back at me.
We stared at each other
for what seemed like forever.
I was shocked! A cat SPRAYED me!!!
Not in one spot sprayed me, but from my hair and
glasses to my shorts sprayed me!
I finally came to my senses,
hit the fence knocking the cat off.

I thought I could finish up the last bit of what I was doing when
that pungent aroma hit my nostrils.

NOPE! Done for the day!
Ran in and hit the shower and scrubbed like there was no tomorrow.
    
                     
Needless to say the idea of relaxing in the gazebo has been replaced with doing laundry.

***Warning to all gardeners***

When working outside near a fence always have a look out!!


2 comments:

  1. Oh no! We have always had our males neutered so I don't remember the smell but I know it is suppose to be awful. He was just marking you as his territory! Not the best day for sure, but funny!!!
    hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOOOOHHHHH Deb...I'm sooo sorry your day was a stinker! But, thank you for making mine a litte brighter with a little giggle.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love for you to leave me a comment. Helps me to know I'm not totally crazy...like my family thinks I am!
*hugs*deb

.

.
Blog Widget by LinkWithin